Icrontic on Team Fortress 2

Comments

• TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    I thought the extra health was unnecessary as well. It's just too strong of a combo without the drawbacks that you would find in the medic update. Maybe there will be fewer pyros now, which should make weezer happy.

Truf. I actually noticed more pyros last nite. Kinda odd, but whatever. Should die down before too long (hopefully).
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    See, I disagree with your assessment of the medic versus pyro upgrades. 1.) Yes, we did get the compression air blast. It's pretty sweet. 2.) The medic new uber gun is kind of lame, but I don't know if I think the backburner without the health is so fantastic. It can be really helpful, but not all of the time. I would say that the two are pretty even in terms of their usefulness- which is to say that I don't find either very useful. ;) 3.) This is where I really think that the medic got the better weapon- the flare gun is kind of stupid, and the medic gun is way overpowered in my opinion. A medic that can hit you with that gun is completely deadly- I've come up to a medic and spent several seconds lighting them on fire, only to have them live and kill me because of that gun. Since the pyro is the best up close class in the game, a pyro should be able to kill a medic in that situation. 4.) Melee- eh, I think they're both fairly equal here. I hate melee anyways. So, with the medic gun being as strong as it is, I still think that the medic comes out slightly on top of the pyro, and that with the extra health they were more equal. I must admit that I am slightly biased (though Tiberius is too ;) ) but I think they should have kept the health. GIVE ME BACK MY PRECIOUS HEALTH POINTS, YOU DICKWADS.
    edited July 2008
    I must admit that I am slightly biased (though Tiberius is too ;) )

Wait, wut? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::screwy:
    edited July 2008
    You play a medic more than pyro, so there's a good chance that you're biased towards the medic.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Just go back to playing the pyro class like you used to without the bonus health. Not a big deal imo, just makes the class more balanced.
    edited July 2008
    I haven't changed how I play, I just want mah health points. GIMME 'EM BACK. Will trade Medic crit gun 4 pointies?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Kaboom. Bring 'em.. I'll blow 'em up either way.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    See the part where you're wrong is that you have to be FANTASTIC with the needle gun to be any good. You got a health bonus and guaranteed crits from behind without requiring any skill. I'm not saying you're not a good pyro or medics are better or whatever, I'm just saying, you automatically get these things. You don't have to be good to get your health bonus like a medic does, you just GOT it.

Guaranteed crits are enough. Medics lost all crits from secondary and got a slower, less powerful melee weapon.
    edited July 2008
    Snarkasm wrote:
    See the part where you're wrong is that you have to be FANTASTIC with the needle gun to be any good. You got a health bonus and guaranteed crits from behind without requiring any skill. I'm not saying you're not a good pyro or medics are better or whatever, I'm just saying, you automatically get these things. You don't have to be good to get your health bonus like a medic does, you just GOT it.

I don't think you have to be fantastic with the needle gun to be any good, but I see your point. Touche, costmart.

(plz, i can haz health points?)
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    You don't need skill to use the needle gun. There are 40... 45 needles per round. All you do is keep the needles coming. You're bound to hit if you have enough sense to aim just a little bit ahead of your target.
    edited July 2008
    UPSWeezer wrote:
    You don't need skill to use the needle gun. There are 40... 45 needles per round. All you do is keep the needles coming. You're bound to hit if you have enough sense to aim just a little bit ahead of your target.

Snark's point i believe is that you still have to have the sense to switch to the secondary needle gun in order to gain health, which takes more skill than just receiving bonus health to begin with.
    edited July 2008
    ^ Very much so. You have to switch off your primary weapon and land roughly 20 hits just to knock the pyro back down to what his/her original health was... and hope that pyro isn't behind you, because otherwise you never even had a chance to switch.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Need heavy upgrades!!
    edited July 2008
    Zuntar wrote:
    Need heavy upgrades!!
    Agreed.:D That is my dream. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    I'm glad the pyro lost the health bonus with the Backburner. While not completely broken, it did upset the class balance somewhat.
  • Idiot_SlayerIdiot_Slayer Member
    edited July 2008
    Buddy J wrote:
    I'm glad the pyro lost the health bonus with the Backburner. While not completely broken, it did upset the class balance somewhat.

Exactly. As a huge fan of Team Fortress Classic the very thought of a Pyro with more health than a Soldier makes me cringe. When they gave the medic new tools to use he was still fulfilling the same roll. The activities of a medic with classic gear is very similar to ones with new gear. The increased health for Pyros allowed them to be the new spear head of the team and largely took over the Soldiers role.
    But that was never their place. They should be working the flanks, hunting for spies and ambushing attackers not leading the charge.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    aren't the pyros an attack class. With more health the pyros were able to actually engage in a 1v1 fight with any class, without you really need to ambush people because of the short range nature of their weapons...yes the flair gun but a single shot usually will not kill anyone. The big thing the backburner gave you is you could the surprise and say a soldier and before he could turn and one rocket you you might be able to kill him, sadly no longer. The pyro isn't very tough against a few stickies or nades and never fairs well against a soldier's rocket attacks.
    edited July 2008
    _k_ wrote:
    The big thing the backburner gave you is you could the surprise and say a soldier and before he could turn and one rocket you you might be able to kill him, sadly no longer. The pyro isn't very tough against a few stickies or nades and never fairs well against a soldier's rocket attacks.

Which is why the pyro shouldn't lead an attack. They should take the back routes where they can ambush enemies easily and kill unsuspecting medics. If you are just charging into incoming stickies and rockets then you are not playing the class correctly and will therefore die. A lot.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Well sir I say poop on you, I have been playing pyro kind of like that for the past month and been kicking rear-ends and taking names.
    edited July 2008
    If you insist on playing pyro and don't want to have to worry about stickies or rockets, why not use the original flamethrower with the compressed air blast? Isn't that the main purpose of that upgrade?
    edited July 2008
    imo, THAT should have been one of the upgrades. That's a fantastic and totally non-incremental addition to the pyro arsenal.
    edited August 2008
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Heavy Update Comin' next week.... + new game mode, + 6... yes SIX new maps

http://steamgames.com/tf2/heavy/

http://steamgames.com/tf2/heavy/cp_steel.htm
    We've been a little quiet for the last week as we've put the finishing touches on the Heavy update. We thought the Pyro pack was the biggest we'd be doing for a while, due to the large changes to the Pyro, but the Heavy update has turned out to be even bigger. In addition to the three unlockable weapons and thirty-five achievements for the Heavy, we've got a new game mode with five new arenas for it, a new Payload map focusing on more open spaces than Goldrush, and another popular community-made map. Throughout the rest of the week we'll be giving you the details on all this, and if all goes well, you'll have your hands on it shortly afterwards.

The community-made map included in the Heavy update is cp_steel, by Jamie 'Fishbus' Manson. After the Pyro update we received a lot of email telling us how wrong we were in our choices, and cp_steel was an easy next choice due to the way it dominated the suggestions. If you're firing up your email right now to tell us that we never get anything right, please include suggestions of what map(s) we should be looking at next.

We'll be updating A Heavy Update site with more info daily. Stay tuned!

-Bobby
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    WOOT
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    *wets self*
    edited August 2008
    *cries tears of pleasure*
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Maybe this will interest me.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    finially something for a class i actually play
    edited August 2008
    Oh God, Oh God, Oh God.

I am extremely excited, but part of me wishes that valve would have saved Heavy for later. After this week I'll have nothing to wait for.

Hopefully the game mode is Hunted. Hunted = ****win.
    edited August 2008
    Oh man. I need to fix computer NOW!!!