Icrontic on Team Fortress 2

Comments

• kless001kless001 Midwest-USA Member
    edited March 2009
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008021694

I see that membership to the steam icrontic community is by invite only, I'm looking to step on for the big win so... invite me!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    welcome aboard :)
  • kless001kless001 Midwest-USA Member
    edited March 2009
    Treated myself with a custom url
    updated..

http://steamcommunity.com/id/kless001/
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Possible info on the Sniper Update:

http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82814

-Bobby
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Bobby1211 wrote:

Sniper confirmed as next update

-Bobby
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Sniper loosing his Sniper's Rifle? That's no bueno.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Looks like he isn't loosing it... it just won't zoom as far.... or that's how I viewed it.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Koreish wrote:
    Sniper losing his Sniper's Rifle? That's no bueno.
    No, they're implying that whatever the unlockable is, it will cause you to want to get closer to your target.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    As with the other unlockable, it will surely be a piece of optional equipment.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    CB wrote:
    As with the other unlockable, it will surely be a piece of optional equipment.

Obviously. I believe what most people are all a tither about is the idea that they are trying to remove the sniper from what a sniper is supposed to do. His purpose has always been to take you out before you could do much. I don't really get how you can call a class the "Sniper" if he becomes a close range killer.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Yeah... Scouts don't really do recon either... Sniper is just a convenient name.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    CB wrote:
    Yeah... Scouts don't really do recon either... Sniper is just a convenient name.

I must disagree Scouts are good for recon because they can run in SCOUT a place out and run away before they'd be killed and report defenses, number of classes, etc. to his teammates. Just because nobody uses him for that role doesn't mean he can't do it.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Obviously they're not gonna turn him into a Pyro. The goal here is pretty clearly stated; they want to bring the Sniper closer to the action while keeping him true to his roots. To do this, he'll need to gain something in exchange for the extra risk. I'm thinking they may do something along the lines of an auto-kill slow re-loading rifle/slug gun. It's deadlier, but he's gotta be closer than normal.

They could do this multiple ways. My guess is a slug gun. Big game hunters sometimes use rifled barreled shotguns to fire sabot slugs that are extremely powerful but lack the range of a traditional rifle. They could go this route, or perhaps give him a blunderbuss (lolz), black powder rifle (2x lolz but could happen), or something funky firing mini-gyrojet rockets that explode past a certain distance or fizzle out. I'm excited to see what they do.
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited May 2009
    When you guys play do you try and target specific achievments or do you just play and hope?

I have been playing for a while and I have unlocked some achievements but I haven't actually gained anything??
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    I just play. To me, it's more fun to get achievements this way despite knowing I'll never get them all.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    I also just play but there are some achievements that are hard as hell to get if you don't specifically target them. The chance that you would just happen to get them is pretty low.
    edited May 2009
    For the heavy, I played for the achievements... I wanted Natassia and the sandwich. The Medic, I still want the better saw... For the Pyro, I got them all but never use them.
    edited May 2009
    QCH2002 wrote:
    For the Pyro, I got them all but never use them.

You're crazy. Flare gun + Axtinguisher = Good Times

Backburner is also insanely deadly in the right situations; can turn the tides of a round in a matter of seconds.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    I never use the unlocked pyro gear. That air blast is to good in general and shot i find to be useful more than the flare gun.
    edited May 2009
    _k_ wrote:
    I never use the unlocked pyro gear. That air blast is to good in general and shot i find to be useful more than the flare gun.
    Yes... my point.

I have used the upgraded flamethrower and axtingusher on some boards where it is easier to get behind the enemy and it REALLY reeks havoc. :D
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    They all have their uses. I switch a lot during a round when the need arises.I use the regular pyro gun with air blast for when I'm attacking and the backburner for defending. It's especially useful in a map like in Dustbowl if you can manage to get behind the enemy, you can rack up a lot of kills in just a short time. Flare gun is good for an annoying sniper or a scout that has gotten away from you but is still in your sights.
    edited May 2009
    I agree that they all have their uses. I frequently change out the flamethrowers during a match and will even change to the shotgun in a map that is primarily close combat. In general though, I have the flare gun equiped because it gives the Pyro a long range weapon, and can tip the balance of a battle when my enemy is burning before we even get close to each other or even take out a sentry gun from across a battlefield.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    The pyro's flaregun and air blast perfectly match my playstyle of "cause havoc and chaos; break their concentration and momentum"

Many people panic when they get hit with a flare; even if it's not going to kill them. The flares are great for making medics panic and pop ubers prematurely or getting snipers to run for cover.

The airblast is a beautiful 'unexpected' weapon; it can really throw people for a loop. Especially on point C on gravelpit or the spire on badlands :rarr:
    edited May 2009
    Deflecting a crocket is always amusing.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    I exclusively use the flare gun now. It is absolutely outstanding, especially on Gravelpit point C. I love playing pyro to defend that point.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Oh dear lord SNIPER UPDATES!11!11!
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited May 2009
    How many maps are there and how big?

<-- Thinking of getting TF2
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    20 or 30 depending on if you get any of the 100 or so custom ones by the public.

How big? Some maps are not big.. but most are good size.. you have to run a fair distance sometimes to get to the action.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    worth the money.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    _k_ wrote:
    worth the money.

x3