WIN SMP UPDATE D/L IT NOW

SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
edited October 2007 in Folding@Home
Yup it is update and extend the expiry date for WIN SMP folks. If you don't update the first time you close the client after the 1st of October and bang expired client an ex client :eek:

http://forum.folding-community.org/viewtopic.php?t=21289&highlight=&sid=eccc5030c3c8986412245ebf61194405

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    The version # is the same it is now running under the title 1.01 beta5 instead of 1.01 beta4.
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited September 2007
    Yes it is purely an update to the expiry date.
    edited September 2007
    Hey whatever they did I am now chewing up WU's at 27 Minutes per frame on this Dual Xeon machine rather than 45 minutes. unless soemthing happened int he install and now it likes me better... :)

My C2D system is 60% done so I will wait to upgrade on that one :)
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited September 2007
    Thanks for the headsup spike.

All I did was stop f@h and install the beta5 client right over the beta4 client w/o uninstalling beta4 and it works perfectly.
    edited October 2007
    If you SMP client is not opening make sure to get this update and install it... all will go back to normal. Clients will auto close and not run under the old version.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Boy, that's the truth! I found out the hard way, after pulling hair and scratching my head for a long time.

INSTALL the newest revision if you haven't already done so!
  • EssoEsso Stockholm, Sweden
    edited October 2007
    Hey whatever they did I am now chewing up WU's at 27 Minutes per frame on this Dual Xeon machine rather than 45 minutes.

Perhaps the SSE was turned off for some reason at the previous start, check the log file.
    edited October 2007
    Nope... its a new required update...
  • EssoEsso Stockholm, Sweden
    edited October 2007
    Yep I know, they releases new SMP every 2-3 month or so.
    Mostly they just extend the beta execution time permit.

btw, I use FAH -verbosity 9 -forceasm -advmethods, when running SMP.

Even if Standford says -advmethods should'nt be used, it has never turned on me folding with AMD opteron.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Aghghghghghghaghaggggghghg

Freaking Windows forced a reboot and I lost an SMP unit that was at 74%. Freaking hell. :(