2 harddrive questions

shackwrrrshackwrrr Lima, oh
edited October 2007 in Hardware
I have one harddrive that i got out of a perfectly working computer it was a 60gb well i removed everything that i needed and then formatted it. well now it shows up as a 30 gb

another harddrive i have i had set up as an extended partition to another disk. well the other disk died and now i cant do anything with this one nothing seems to work.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Make sure the hard drive is jumpered correctly and doesn't have the 30GB limit jumper in place.
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited October 2007
    But if it worked before as a 60 lb I suspect that old version of Dos fdisk that limted stuff to like 30gb max was used to possibly reformat/partition it.

Cheers

Cowboy
  • shackwrrrshackwrrr Lima, oh
    edited October 2007
    i used disk management under windows xp to format it
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Are you sure the jumper is in the correct position? If you don't have the manual, just search to the manufacturer's website and you should find the manual. What you are describing is very, very strange.

Also, would you please post a screenshot of Disk Management showing the affected drive. That would be a big help.