Average time to process a frame.

RichDRichD Essex, UK
edited October 2007 in Folding@Home
Hi guys,

I only have one PC so Im never going to compete with the hard hitters in here but I think my machine is probably not too bad. So I thought it would be interesting to see what peoples average time to process a frame was on there number one PC. Im currently running at 19s/frame.

Im just reading up on overclocking as uts something I would like to play around with. so hopfully I can improve that a bit soon.

Comments

• DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    It's going to vary a lot, depending on the WU and on the CPU.

Which WU are you working on now?
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited October 2007
    Not really to sure. I only just intalled it.

I think "p3040_supervillin-03 GROMACS core"?

Im new to this hence my curiosity to see how my machine compares to others. :)
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Not sure about that particular WU but I have the same cpu as you and with processing a 2653, I get 20 mins per frame. The 2653 yields 1760 pts. :)
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    RichD, you really need to check out this thread.
    http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55263

It talks about how to set up the SMP client that will be able to take advantage of your dual core system. Your points per day should see a healthy increase going from the regular client to the SMP one.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I only have one PC so Im never going to compete with the hard hitters in here
    Don't feel bad. It's like wealth: no matter what you have, someone else will always have more.

It's what you make of that which is at your disposal! THAT is where the satisfaction derives. All of us started with a single CPU, many of us with humble Athlons, PIIs, or PIIIs.

(...up hill, both ways, in the snow, with nothing but....)
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited October 2007
    DanG wrote:
    RichD, you really need to check out this thread.
    http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55263

It talks about how to set up the SMP client that will be able to take advantage of your dual core system. Your points per day should see a healthy increase going from the regular client to the SMP one.

I second that. You have a very respectable piece of horsepower that should make this worth your while.