#1 SMx Rig Retires - Thank You Donut

QCHQCH Ancient GuruChicago Area - USA Icrontian
edited October 2007 in Folding@Home
Look up the top SMx producer and you will find icrontic6 sitting comfortability a top the project. Sitting at the 73rd ranked user name with almost 350,000 points, Icrontic6 has been flying. The next nearest SMx rig is SM27 with almost 200,000 points.

Donut has honorably retired. He has been a great host and even spent a pretty penny to upgrade IC6 to a dual Opteron system. As a matter of fact, IC6 was the first SMx rig to run SMP and it shows with her outstanding performance.

:D :wow2: :thumbsup: ... DONUT... :thumbsup: :wow2: :D

THANK YOU FOR BEING A GREAT HOST

:Rocker::celebrate:Rocker::celebrate:Rocker:

Comments

• KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited October 2007
    awesome%20glitter%20spin.gif
    Donut

Thanks for hosting & folding for a cure.

d028.gif
    hatoff.gif
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited October 2007
    Nice work, Donut. The team and project will miss your contribution- and the extra miles you went with it. Thanks for all of them. :thumbsup:

BTW- what is to become of the rig?
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Thanks Donut for your great contribution to the ICx/SMx project. You certainly cranked it up and placed IC6 at the highest level on our statboard, and all that, with only one machine! :smokin:

I'm saddened though, because you were for which the benchmark has been set for highest output in a project rig and now that you retire, the rest of us can only take that from you by default :sad2: The easy way..... :(

Aww well, let's just see if the rest of these hosts can keep up with SM23!!! The new King to be? Let us see! :yarr:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    My respect!

Thank you.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Qeldroma wrote:
    Nice work, Donut. The team and project will miss your contribution- and the extra miles you went with it. Thanks for all of them. :thumbsup:

BTW- what is to become of the rig?
    The fine rig has asked to retire along with him. No sense separating a seeing eye dog from its owner, right. The parts for IC6 will remain with Donut. He and the committee worked out the logistics and we're happy and he's happy.

There will be some SERIOUS SMx rigs coming out that will, I happy to say, will make IC6's power look like child's play. ;)
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited October 2007
    TBonZ wrote:

I'm saddened though, because you were for which the benchmark has been set for highest output in a project rig and now that you retire, the rest of us can only take that from you by default :sad2: The easy way..... :(

Aww well, let's just see if the rest of these hosts can keep up with SM23!!! The new King to be? Let us see! :yarr:

IC-6 set the mark and currently SM-23 has hit the mark in ppd.:fold:. Congrats!

A couple of hard drive failures, and me being gone for work most of the summer, had made me realize that I couldn't keep it running full time. Having the capibility to produce points, and actually doing it are two different things.

The other thing is that to upgrade IC-6, would require a complete platform change and that was cost prohibitive, I wouldn't be able to re-use anything except the case :-/, with the new batch of IC rigs rolling out, I would imagine that 1 rig will have more crunching power than everything I have combined.

Thank-you all for letting me host a great rig.:respect:

Donut:coffee:

PS. TBonZ, SM-23 might be the top producer now, but you still need another 150,000+ points to take the top spot.:rarr:

:nudge:, (LMAO)
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Well done on an awesome run, sir!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Great job, Donut :)
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited October 2007
    Congrats on a Job well done kudos to Donut and the legendary IC6 :bigggrin:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2007