Drawing

NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
edited October 2007 in Internet & Media
I suppose this counts as web and media being that I scanned it. Anyhow, this is a quick sketch of The Thinker I made for an assignment, took about fifteen minutes. I don't know why I particularly like it, but I thought I'd share.

Thinker3.jpg

Comments

• WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I like it too.

I took fine arts at school and won the art prize in my senior year. I'm sorry I didn't pursue it a bit more. With talent like that I hope you don't let your talents slide by the wayside.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Winga wrote:
    I like it too.

I took fine arts at school and won the art prize in my senior year. I'm sorry I didn't pursue it a bit more. With talent like that I hope you don't let your talents slide by the wayside.

I'm actually at the University of Michigan right now for art and design, primarily focusing in digital media.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Nice work, Nomad. By the way, have you ever noticed that The Thinker rests his right elbow on his left knee? Not a very natural pose.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Maybe thats a comment on human life. Thinking in its purest sense has become "unnatural" for many people.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    If I recall, The Thinker was originally supposed to be called The Poet, and it's supposed to represent Dante pondering his poem at the gates of Hell.
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Nice. Thanks for the share.