WTB: Miscellaneous Parts

Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
edited October 2007 in Trading Post
Guys, I'm trying to get a computer together for my brother and do it as cheap as possible. Here is a list of what I need.

P5B-Deluxe- I have this already.
Crucial DDR21000 2X1GB- already have.

PSU-450-500W
Video Card- I need something with enough umphh to run EQ2 and BF2 pretty good

CPU- I would like Core 2 Duo, however, if you have some ideas that would be good I'm open.

I also need a case, DVD drive, and hard drives.

Comments

• edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I have spares of all of this stuff, but the problem with cases and PSUs is shipping eats you alive. You are better off buying locally, unless you can find a deal that includes shipping newegg.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    USPS Priority Flat Rate - anything you can physically stuff in the box - same price to any destination in the US. You could literally ship 100lbs of lead in a box to Alaska or Hawaii for $9.00. Flat Rate is a life saver for me up here. If I order from Newegg, I usually wait until I need more than one item. Usually the cheapest shipping I can get (Fudex and UPSad) starts at $15. But adding a second item only bumps the shipping charge by one or two dollars.

Unfortunately, there are no Flat Rate boxes big enough for computer cases, but there are standard boxes plenty big enough for just about all other PC parts, including motherboards.
  • erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas Member
    edited October 2007
    Ship it at jc penney they use UPS and only charge $5.00.
    edited October 2007
    only charge $5.00.
    Only charge $5.00 for what? Maybe I'm wrong, but there have to be some restrictions for only five dollars. UPS is no giveaway.
  • Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
    edited October 2007
    Well boys,

I have scrounged most everything now for free, except these two items.

Video Card- PM me with what you have and a price

CPU- Looking for C2D, or Pentium D 9**, also PM me if you have anything

Thanks,

Radio91P
    edited October 2007
    Don't know how long you can wait, but in about two weeks I'll have an Asus P5WD2 and D930 for sale. This is additional to the combo I briefly had up for sale a week ago.
  • Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
    edited October 2007
    Ya, I can wait two weeks. I dont need the motherboard though. If you can part with just the proc im down.