i hate RAID. would love some help!

edited October 2007 in Hardware
Hello,

Do you know how can I find out which drivers I need for my nVidia RAID?

After reinstalling WinXP home, my E: drive (RAID0) seems to work fine, but I still get window's 'FoundNewHardwareWizard' popping up (twice) every time I login into my fresh new windows.. It's trying to install 'NVIDIA nForce(tm) RAID Class Device'

Having gone all over the nVidia site, I am totally confused and don't know what I am meant to install!

Any help you can give would be bloody great. Thanks!

ASUS A8N-SLI
AMD 4400+
C: Seagate
E: RAID0 2x250GB Maxtor DiamondMax10
6800GT

Comments

• edited October 2007
    they should be on the motherboard cd ?

try booting with the motherboard cd it should show a list to allow you to make the drivers disks on a floppy for f6 install if its xp ?
  • edited October 2007
    Thanks Sacred, but as well as wanting latest drivers more than what came with the CD, I'm not actually sure where it is.

Have I been clear that the RAID0 is working seemingly fine, and is accessible? It's also not the system drive so a floppy doesn't seem suitable..? What's F6? Thanks!
  • edited October 2007
    f6 install is to add any drivers windows cant find during an xp install you will see along the bottom press f6 to add any raid or scsi .

you need your mobo cd to make the drivers i dont some searching and have read you can use the nvidia drivers or the sillicon drivers i would go for the sillicon ones as if you have a nvidia graphics card and you update your drivers and use something like driver cleaner you could remove them by mistake .

So once you have your RAID driver on a floppy you load windows format your partions etc and wait untill you see the press f6 along the bottom obviously when you see that press f6 it will later ask you to provide the floppy disk for the RAID driver .

I found the sillicon one i think

http://www.siliconimage.com/support/supportsearchresults.aspx?pid=28&cid=3&ctid=2&osid=4&

If you need anymore help just scream lol
  • edited October 2007
    oh and for the nvidia drivers maybe try this

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    How long have you been running RAID 0? My best advice is to backup the contents of your RAID array, wipe out the array, restore your data to a regular, single disk and don't use RAID 0. RAID 0 doubles the potential for hardware and software errors. It's much more of a toy than anything useful except in limited uses. A number of us here are former RAID 0 users.
  • edited October 2007
    Leonardo-
    I use RAID0 for the marginally faster bandwidth. Useful for what this computer is primarly for- video editing (in Premiere) I've been running it for several years. Not the smallest problem on it ever. 2xMaxtor DiamondMax10s running striped in total happiness.

Sacred-
    I really appreciate your help, but that nVidia driver link is where I started at square one. I don't know which of the drivers to download, that's my problem!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    I am glad that RAID 0 is actually a beneficial service for you. For me, it was quite a pain when I ran it years ago (99-02). I think one of the main problems for me was that I was always tinkering inside the case, loosening cables.