RAID Help needed

edited October 2007 in Hardware
hey,

i have bought a server for my office and i want to implement RAID on it, i have installed Windows 2003 Server EE on it

after reading the manual its say press ctrl+E when system starts then it will go to RAID Configuration menu but it didnt worked that way i tried several time but no response.

can you please tell me how can i implement RAID 1 on my Intel S3000AH Board

do i have to format Windows installation ?? but after formatting windows partition it copy the installation file again and ??

what should i do ??

urgent reply needed

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2007
    Did you check the motherboard BIOS settings to ensure any RAID devices are switched on? I've only worked PC RAID, which is small potatoes, but I assume a server motherboard also has BIOS settings for RAID. I understand that you pressed the key sequence to enter the RAID device, but you may have to figuratively turn that device on in the main motherboard BIOS before the key sequence can enter it.
  • edited October 2007
    The motherboard does not have any RAID settings in BIOS. The manual says we have to configure RAID before installing Windows but i have installed windows on my server

wht should i do ??
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited October 2007
    How many harddrives do you have connected to it and are they the same size of drives? The minimum you need is 2 drives to do any kind of raid. After you enable raid 1 you'll likely have to reinstall because creating the raid normally destroys all the data on the drives when it starts the initiation.

Now when you are booting up do you even see an option to hit CTRL+E?