computer help

edited November 2007 in Hardware
I need help with my computer, I put a new power supply in and now my computer is taking a long time to start.

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited November 2007
    1st Double check everything is connected properly. Second did you get a big enough power supply for your system?
  • edited November 2007
    I got a bigger power supply, I've check to make sure everything is connected could it be my harddrive is failing. I'm not a computer wiz! Thanks
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited November 2007
    Why did you put your new power supply in? Try putting your old one back in. If it boots up but is just slow you are not likely to have forgotten to connect anything.

A power supply shouldnt effect the performance? (I dont think) Have you changed anything else?
  • edited November 2007
    I had to get a new one because my other one died. That's the only thing that I changed. When I press the power button it take about a minute or two to start, a light comes on saying it has power. So I don't know, I'm baffled!
    Thanks for helping
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited November 2007
    So after the minute or 2 that it takes to start up, is everything fine after that?
  • edited November 2007
    Yes, it's fine after it starts.
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited November 2007
    Do ou suffer with any performance issues once you have booted up?
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Do ou suffer with any performance issues once you have booted up?
    That reads like some of the SPAM emails I get in my SPAMail, er, I mean GMail account. And then a pill is offered!
  • KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited November 2007
    blue