8800GT & ThermalTake DuOrb

2»

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I'm only getting 50degrees on idle. However my stock cooler on the 2nd card (in sli) is getting 70 degress on idle. I'm using a CMstacker 830 case with 10 fans already installed.

4 fans on the side - intake
    2 fans on the bottom - intake
    2 fans on the front - intake
    1 top fan - exhaust
    1 back fan - exhaust

What can I do to get the temps down the core is set at their defuault (625mhz). The orginal post was getting temps of 40 degress with his core at 700.

Do i have to change the directions of the fans inside? If so which one?
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I'm only getting 50degrees on idle. However my stock cooler on the 2nd card (in sli) is getting 70 degress on idle. I'm using a CMstacker 830 case with 10 fans already installed.

If your second card is getting that hot and you got 10 fans, your best bet is to switch to water cooling. Playing around 20 degrees away from catastrophic damage (melting!:zombie:) in idle is never a good thing....
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2010

4 fans on the side - intake
    2 fans on the bottom - intake
    2 fans on the front - intake
    1 top fan - exhaust
    1 back fan - exhaust

What can I do to get the temps down the core is set at their defuault (625mhz). The orginal post was getting temps of 40 degress with his core at 700.

Do i have to change the directions of the fans inside? If so which one?

Whats the ambient temp of the room?