How high could I overclock my memory? (and still be stable)

2»

Comments

• Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited November 2007
    Knowing Microsoft, they'll realize exactly HOW BAD vista sucks, and will release DX10 in SP3 for xp.
  • edited November 2007
    Im running XP pro Media Center Edition, I dont like vista either. :D
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I like Vista, it's not perfect... but if i remember correctly XP wasn't either when it was released.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I like Vista, it's not perfect... but if i remember correctly XP wasn't either when it was released.
    The step-up from Win98 to XP was significant: NTFS file system, automated SOHO networking, etc.. WinXP brought a huge improvement in files and system stability as well as usable, practical features such "Repair Installation" option. These were HUGE improvements. The step-up from WinXP to Vista has all the hassles of a brand new OS but very few of the real world improvements that WinXP gave us. So far, Vista is an incremental advance with nothing remarkable. I think it really is Windows ME II.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited November 2007
    I have to agree. I went from 2000 to Xp. I hate XP. Not for the normal reasons. I hate XP because it always wants me to restart. 2000 didn't bother me a bit for it. Sound driver installed? It worked right away. NIC/WIFI driver installed? Worked in most cases without a restart. So why do I have to restart every time I decide to update or poke a driver or adjust a setting in the place it doesn't want me to? It's a pain in the relatively flabby area. 2000 only ASKED me to restart. I'd often find that some of the settings I changed would be applied when I woke my computer up from standby. Xp still insults me, and I won't use Vista until they treat the advanced user like he knows where the bear dumped in the buckwheat. I've been working on computers for about 16 years, I think I'dve learned SOMETHING by now. I know that they're doing it for the stupid people, but stupid people own Macs(No offense if you just own a macbook or something. Even I want one.)And even stupider ones pay smart people like me to fix their problems and make them user accounts so they don't screw up too bad. Another thing I liked about 2000, is that it updated the "samba" networking system every time you ran ipconfig, or it just seemed that way, I don't remember. I've been stuck on XP for 3 years now, because I can't find my 2000 disc to save my life.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, Vista's got really cool Visual themes and all... But to be honest I think they're trying to impersonate Macs... They have pretty much the same animations, same large, glossy icon style. They're even trying to make Vista sound.. FUN! I tried Vista, and it made my system laggier than a naked Gnome party in Ironforge... I had billions of driver and compatability problems and it just wasn't worth it. AND I kept getting BSODs with Vista when I didn't get them (For the same reasons lol) with XP. I'll stick with XP until I summon the courage to convert to Linux. I know that's contradictory with the whole drivers issues thing, but at least with Linux you expect them to be a pain. With Vista they just screwed up.