Looking for a nice quiet power supply

RMFRMF
edited November 2007 in Hardware
Hi folks,

I'm looking to replace the power supply in my PC as the constant drone of my current coolermaster power suply gets on my nerves. My PC is in the living room and the constant hum is also bothersome to my partner. It's really quit noisy.

I'm looking for something 600 watt and up. I need atleast 2 PCI express power connectors and 3 or 4 sata power connectors.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Corsair 620 HX Worth every penny. Excellent performance and quality. I've got one powering my overclocked System No. 1. The fan spins at a very low RPM and the air coming out of the exhaust is just warm, at the most. It's a very efficient PSU.
  • RMFRMF
    edited November 2007
    Thanks, I'll look into getting one.

:D
  • RMFRMF
    edited November 2007
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I decided to take a different route. My 5 year old alluminium coolermaster case was looking a bit tired and it rattled a bit which would more often than not be rectified with a fairly firm tap on the side of the case.

Anyway, it was wafer thin and not holding in any of the sound. I was going to get a new case anyway but when I was in looker for the power supply I saw the Antec p180 case which is designed for quiet computing so I picked it up. My pc noise levels have greatly reduced and my pc looks nice and fresh. No need to lay ot the cash for a new power supply aswell.

Noise levels are now acceptable. :D