4-Plug ATX cable. P5N-E Sli

edited November 2007 in Hardware
When i don't plug the 4-pin ATX plug in, the computer will start for about .5-1.5 seconds. Then it will shut down.
When i plug my 4-pin ATX plug in, the computer refuses to even start or it turns on for less than a second(i have a led fan. i see a short flash of light. )There is the yellow light though (which mean it should turn on).

CPU=Intel Dual-Core 2.666GHZ conroe.
RAM= Jetram 2x1GB DDR2 800
Case= Apevia X-cruiser(the 420W psu was included. I also have a 400W Antec PSU which is at my disposal)
I'm also using a XFX nVIDIA geforce 8600GT

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Ditch the PSU and try another one; PSUs included with cases are junk.
  • edited November 2007
    I've tried three diff PSU's. One 500 Antec. and another one 400W Dynex. all don't work.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Most PSUs now have a 24 pin connector that breaks apart into a 20 pin and a 4 pin, and then there's an additional 4 pin connector that is by itself.

Which 4 pin are you plugging in?
  • edited November 2007
    the 4-pin thats by itself. i don't have a 24 pin connector that breaks into a 20 pin and a 4 pin
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I closed your other thread in Enthusiasts. Perhaps it was a mistake, but making two threads on the same topic will only divide the attention given to the problem. It won't help you, as it confuses those trying to help.