Dedicated Server Discussion

13»

Comments

• ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Me likes 2Fort!!

Shame you can't get rid of the trains in the map "Well".

*Zuntar hates the trains.:sawed:
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Hey, I'm wondering about server access, I tried to get into IC lastnight and couldn't, and by the time I did, I couldn't play. I'm fully prepared into paying for this server, next time, I'd like to be able to force my way in if the server is full, possible?
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    TBonZ wrote:
    Hey, I'm wondering about server access, I tried to get into IC lastnight and couldn't, and by the time I did, I couldn't play. I'm fully prepared into paying for this server, next time, I'd like to be able to force my way in if the server is full, possible?
    I got right in last night, but still i would pay if i had a reserved spot.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Tbonz, I was trying to get you on teamspeak. We currently don't have a mechanism to reserve slots, other than "contact another player via IRC, Teamspeak, steam chat, etc. and tell them to kick someone" :p

Next time any of you can't get in, just get in touch with someone who is in the current game and we'll definitely make room for you.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    TBonZ wrote:
    We have not reserved spots yet, mostly because so far....it is confusing as crap on how to do it, LOL.

I have been reading for the last 45min. From the looks of it, we have to install a mod or admin mod to do it. There are 2-3 ways of doing it, just need to decide on the best route without hosing the server.

The easiest way to get in right now is to get on Teamspeak, contact me or Prime (at the moment) since we both have the Admin tool installed and we can kick someone so you can play.

I expect server traffic will be less tonight and in subsequent nights as the servers all get the newest update from yesterday, ours was one of the first to have it installed because Prime hit quite quickly after work. This resulted in our server filling up instantly because only about 200 servers or less out of 1900+ showed up in Steam due to the update.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Use admin mod. Trust me.
    edited November 2007
    Ok...point me to it.

Mani's?
    Beetles?
    ??
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Once we get going, each person who helps pay for the server will have admin access, so you can kick people yourself.
    edited November 2007
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Last night there was discussion that 2Fort should not be in our rotation...what say ye?

It should be left in the rotation, but the number of wins should be reduced.
    #2, the current time limit for any game is 45 minutes... too long? Shout out with suggestions.
    Does that mean that it will instantly switch when the limit is reached? If so, I think it should stay high. It's better to have the map change because it's been won a number of times rather than because the timer ran out.

Can we set a timer for each map that puts the current round into sudden death instead of just ending it?
    #3, Autobalance was also brought up. On or Off?
    Off. We're adults, we can balance our own teams.
    #4, Number of wins for a team to be declared the winner is currently 4... Changes?
    Can we change it per map? If so, the single part maps should be 4 wins (with the exception of 2fort which should be only 2 wins since you have to complete the map objective three times to win already), and the multi-part maps should be 2 wins.

Also, is there anyway to force the multi-part maps to finish? Almost everytime I've played one of the multi-part maps, it never finishes. For example: In Hydro, BLU might win the whole map and get a point, then next time RED starts to do better, and almost has the whole map, but then the map changes at the end of one of the map parts, even though the whole map hasn't been won by anyone yet. That seems strange to me.
    #5, You can control the length of Overtime (not sudden death)...default is like 15 seconds or something.... should it be longer?
    I thought overtime just lasted as long as one team still has some control point presence. That's how it always looked to me...
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    +1 for the above.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I agree with CB.
    edited November 2007
    CB Droege wrote:
    It should be left in the rotation, but the number of wins should be reduced.
    Ok
    Does that mean that it will instantly switch when the limit is reached? If so, I think it should stay high. It's better to have the map change because it's been won a number of times rather than because the timer ran out.

Can we set a timer for each map that puts the current round into sudden death instead of just ending it?
    I do not know the answer to either of those, at the moment. I do not think you can have that much control over each map, if you can have separate for each map, I have to find out where to edit the map config.
    Off. We're adults, we can balance our own teams.
    Roger
    Can we change it per map? If so, the single part maps should be 4 wins (with the exception of 2fort which should be only 2 wins since you have to complete the map objective three times to win already), and the multi-part maps should be 2 wins.
    Again... I do not know if we have this much control, will look into it.
    Also, is there anyway to force the multi-part maps to finish? Almost everytime I've played one of the multi-part maps, it never finishes. For example: In Hydro, BLU might win the whole map and get a point, then next time RED starts to do better, and almost has the whole map, but then the map changes at the end of one of the map parts, even though the whole map hasn't been won by anyone yet. That seems strange to me.
    LOL, another one I have to research more :rolleyes:
    I thought overtime just lasted as long as one team still has some control point presence. That's how it always looked to me...
    You may be right.
    edited November 2007
    Ok...some changes implemented..... Lets see how it goes the next time we play :D
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    as long as you fixed the 5 minute setup time i'll be happy :cheers:

oh and added the one shot one kill when i'm shooting at you will be fine also ;D
    edited November 2007
    I don't know if I fixed it yet...The changes I made apparently broke it. More changes to fix the broken parts implemented ;):p
    edited November 2007
    can always reset to default and adjust from there.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    2Fort needs to stay in the rotation :( They're just whiny because you guys always end up on 24/7 maps and got sick of it :p
    edited November 2007
    2fort is in the rotation and I fixed what I screwed up earlier.

Server is working very well :)
    edited November 2007
    Is that weird waiting 20 seconds before map change fixed?
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    2 Forts is one of my favorites also.
    I agree with CB on all points.They sound about right.
    edited November 2007
    Also: Is there a way to increase the 'Waiting for players' time? Or even better, can we set it up so that the map waits for everyone who is connected to finish loading and choosing teams before it begins the round?
    edited November 2007
    NiGHTS wrote:
    Is that weird waiting 20 seconds before map change fixed?

that has been fixed, tested last night.
    edited November 2007
    CB Droege wrote:
    Also: Is there a way to increase the 'Waiting for players' time? Or even better, can we set it up so that the map waits for everyone who is connected to finish loading and choosing teams before it begins the round?
    I will check :)
    edited November 2007
    fatcat wrote:
    that has been fixed, tested last night.

Awesome, great work Ryder!
    edited November 2007
    Ok.... going back to what CB was talking about.

Nothing I can see about increasing the "waiting for players" time. But there is a way to enable a "Clan ready signal" that a team leader has to use (both teams) before a round can start.

mp_clan_ready_signal : Text that team leader from each team must speak for the match to begin
    mp_clan_readyrestart : If non-zero, game will restart once someone from each team gives the ready signal

We could set that, then post it in our "Message of the day" thing that everyone sees when they start the server. This way it wouldn't mess someone up if none of the IC guys were using the server.
    Each team must issue the command before the round starts, but you still could have azzhats that say it before all players are connected.
    edited November 2007
    We could try it out, and see if it causes more problems than it fixes.
    edited November 2007
    There were more updates on Nov. 21. Server has been restarted and updates applied.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Thanks eric! :)
    edited November 2007
    I see we upgraded to some new maps :D
    edited December 2007
    Right now, the server is changing maps after only one round of whatever map is up. I can't figure out which key needs to be changed to fix that.