Icrontic Ventrilo information

Comments

• HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    OK, Got it installed.
    Now, For those of us that have never set it up or used it.
    What do you put in the connect windows?
    Label-
    Server Address-
    Nickname- Hawk
    Registered- yes
    Login Name- Hawk
    User password-
    Auto-Reconnect is checked
    And anything in the Default Channel-
    Default Subchannel--
    Channel Password--
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    See attached Hawk,

Fill in your info of course.
    ts.jpg 29.5K
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    For if/when we make separate channels for separate games (or team BLU and RED), I figured I'd copy-paste this from my COD2 clan to help you guys figure out how to keybind switching channels. Credit goes to Nomad for the writeup.

The channels are going to be different, but the idea is obviously the same.
    Hallock wrote:
    Since I've yelled at half of you to bind your keys, I thought it appropriate to at least give a guide on how to do it. It's not all too difficult and before you enter this tutorial I assume you have the basic understanding of clicking buttons.

Teamspeak Keybinding Tutorial to Switch Channels

First off, connect to the 3rd ID Teamspeak server. You should see the following:
    TS1.jpg

After you connect to the server, go to SETTINGS-->KEY SETTINGS
    TS2.jpg

After you click key settings, a box should come up looking like the picture below. When it does, click the add button.
    TS3.jpg

After clicking add, yet another box will come up and should look like this:
    TS4.jpg

Set your key, I suggest using one of the F-Row keys, e.g. F1, F2, etc. For this I have set mine to F5. The next two set keys are optional, that's if you want to have a set of keys switch you, such as ALT+F5. You can experiment with that on your own.
    TS5.jpg

After you have set your key, change the ACTION to SWITCH TO and in channel select the channel you want to move to, for this, select Allied Channel.
    TS6.jpg

Finally, you hit the okay button, then you come back to this menu.
    TS7.jpg

From here hit close and test your switch button. It is important to note that if you wish to switch from the, lets say Canteen, to the Allied or Axis channel you must make a key that switches you to the Battlefront channel since the Allied and Axis channels are both sub-channels of it. All you need to do now is make a button that switches you to Axis as well.
    edited November 2007
    Some people have been asking about the ability to see people's names when they're speaking in TS while ingame. A few options exist for you. The only one I've used is TeamSpeak Overlay, which does ultimately what the name suggests. It adds text to the right side of your screen of who's currently in your channel, and when someone speaks the text changes from preset colors, yellow to green for example.

A few other options are out there, but none have been updated recently AFAIK. One common problem of old was that some games, mostly punkbuster protected ones, can view TSO as a hack and ban/kick you from the server you play on. Whether that's still the case, I do not know. Give it a day or two and you'll start to remember voices.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Can you make my teamspeak account name "CB Droege"?

In that case I'd like my teamspeak account to be "GHoosdum"

Go Team Rob, Yea!!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    voicecomms.jpg
    edited November 2007
    Note:

The way the channels are created...you have to set a key to switch you to the Team Fortress 2 channel first.... then set another key for each Red and Blue. You CANNOT go from "The Pub" straight to Red or Blu since they are sub-channels of "Team Fortress 2", instead of "The Pub"

Not sure if you guys want to edit that or what...just giving the less experienced TS users (like myself) a heads up.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    My head hurts now.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Zuntar wrote:
    My head hurts now.

From the chatter or setting the shortcut keys?

Here is how I set thing s up:

F1 = IC TS Pub
    F2 = IC TF2
    F3 = IC BLU
    F4 = IC RED

Shortcut keys work properly while in game! :)

Btw - I hung with my gf lastnight but had left TS on, when I walked into the office about 12pm, I could hear everyone chatting away. Pretty funny, it's like having IRC going but instead of typed characters, it's all voice, haha! We're all on confrence, awesome!!!
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Are you guys serious? It really takes a tutorial to get this program running? You actually have to press different keys to address your team depending upon what color you are? I shoot my teammates sometimes when I forget which team I'm on, there's no way I'll remember to press a different key each time I'm on a different team, especially on maps like gravelpit that change your team color between rounds...

I like "v" - it's simple and effective.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    The program is very simple. I don't know why people are making it to be so hard.

Don't invite other people into TS. If you invite random riffraff, it's just going to be a cluster**** of internet losers spamming your channels with BS. Let the nubs use the common chat; you can hear what they're saying, and they probably won't listen to you anyhow.

TS is for organizing the people that can and will work together: The "clan."
    edited November 2007
    It's hilarious listening to teamspeak while NOT playing TF2.. It'll be three to five minutes of radio silence and then you'll hear "SCOUT COMING IN THE FRONT" out of the blue.

I lolled.
    edited November 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Are you guys serious? It really takes a tutorial to get this program running? You actually have to press different keys to address your team depending upon what color you are? I shoot my teammates sometimes when I forget which team I'm on, there's no way I'll remember to press a different key each time I'm on a different team, especially on maps like gravelpit that change your team color between rounds...

For the record GH, the last 2 nights everyone who has been on TS, just stays in "the pub" (the basic room when you connect) I still used the "V" key to communicate with my team (because many of them are not {IC} members) But between rounds and even in game, you can chat with your fellow Icrontians about what just happened. This makes the camaraderie even better, it's more like being in the basement during our fragfest at Oktoberfest...follow me? :)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    That makes a lot of sense.
    edited November 2007
    You can set it up like so:
    TF2 Push to talk - "V'
    TS push to talk - "B"

Problem solved. 2 keys. Try it, the program doesn't bite, I promise.
    edited November 2007
    B is a key if your a spy, but nothing else, so that would work well too :)
    edited November 2007
    Can I get registered with the TS server?

IC TBonZ
    edited November 2007
    I keep allowing you to be registered, but I suppose it has to be done manually...
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    GHoosdum wrote:

RyderOCZ wrote:
    For the record GH, the last 2 nights everyone who has been on TS, just stays in "the pub" (the basic room when you connect) I still used the "V" key to communicate with my team (because many of them are not {IC} members) But between rounds and even in game, you can chat with your fellow Icrontians about what just happened. This makes the camaraderie even better, it's more like being in the basement during our fragfest at Oktoberfest...follow me? :)
    GHoosdum wrote:
    That makes a lot of sense.

I agree. I like Teamspeak the way we're using it lately, Using the in-game voice channel for Team discussion, and Teamspeak for chatting with IC guys with non-team-related subjects.

Particularly: It was a lot more tolerable being on the 'other' team with teamspeak running. In the past, if I got autobalanced, or forced to the other team upon entering, I would feel isolated, lonely, and generally non-fun-having. With Teamspeak on, I didn't feel nearly so left-out when I was put to the other team. :)

If we started using Teamspeak for team-specific communication, this advantage would be eliminated :(

Also, I have not noticed any increase in quality of Teamspeak over the in-game channel, it sound exactly the same quality, and it still screws up when people talk over each other. I do wish I could consceed to noticing a little difference, but I don't, it sounds exactly the same.
    edited November 2007
    TBonZ wrote:
    Can I get registered with the TS server?

IC TBonZ
    Tbonz, make sure your connect config looks like the pic in this post: http://icrontic.com/forum/showpost.php?p=571990&postcount=33 (see the attachment)

You have to select Registered, not anonymous, then put your login name in.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Please create an account for me. Crazy Joe is fine for a user name. Thanks!!!
    edited November 2007
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Tbonz, make sure your connect config looks like the pic in this post: http://icrontic.com/forum/showpost.php?p=571990&postcount=33 (see the attachment)

You have to select Registered, not anonymous, then put your login name in.

I've done that and I get the bad login message. I tried "IC TBonZ" & "TBonZ" to no avail. The pw is "ic", correct?
    edited November 2007
    TBonZ wrote:
    I've done that and I get the bad login message. I tried "IC TBonZ" & "TBonZ" to no avail. The pw is "ic", correct?
    AFAIK yes. I don't have admin on the TS server. That is Nights and Prime...talk to them :D
    edited November 2007
    PW is ic AFAIK as well. I've allowed your registration twice, and even tried to register you manually. I'll look into.
    edited November 2007
    NiGHTS wrote:
    PW is ic AFAIK as well. I've allowed your registration twice, and even tried to register you manually. I'll look into.

Thanks, I appreciate it.
    edited November 2007
    I added you as a user in the web side of the admin panel, try it now. username tbonz.
    edited November 2007
    Nope, still not letting me login???
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Username BuddyJ plz!
    edited November 2007
    BuddyJ
    Benif

added
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian