• SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited November 2003
    9700 Pro > 9600XT by a long shot. :)
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    not this 9700!
    edited November 2003
    16333 3dmarks!!! wahoo!!! I still might sell it tho I am gonan see if i can get 17k since it is at defaults right now!
    edited November 2003
    Glad to know everything's back to normal :D
    edited November 2003
    just checked my pops 9500 pro on the nf7-s same problem. gonna redo it! wahoo!
    edited November 2003
    Wierd... I think it may have had something to do with what order you install the driver software for ATI's cards. They can be very sensitive to what order things are installed in.

Usually, it's best to install DX9, restart, install display driver & control panel, restart and check AGP Aperture. Then, start up and you're good to go :)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    w00t! Big props to SimGuy for helping out the Gnome! Good luck with your issue there SimGuy.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Remember, chipset drivers can be a pain in the ass as well if you install them wrong. I wouldn't advice on installing DX before the chipset drivers UNLESS the Windows own drivers are good. I'm talking the AGP drivers here but it was/is mainly a Via problem though.

Glad you fixed it Gnome.
    edited November 2003
    Chipset - NIC - DX - Video - Sound - Whatever Else.

That's the order I usually end up installing everything in :)
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup go G go
    edited November 2003
    lol its gonna be sweet when i get my christmas present ( 9800XT from what pops said! )
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    For gaming and bench competitions, NOT the gainward ti4800, not even the SE. You do not want to know my AquaMark3D score, but I refuse to run nothing else while benching so it was definitely under 20K. I like BENCH-UNDER-LOAD....

But,the Feb 2004 issue of CPU (Computer Power User) has a bereakdown of cards in your price range that you might want to look at before you buy.... If the CPU Mag site will let you get there, try http://www.cpumag.com/cpufeb04/vidcards/ for the online version of the reviews. The FX 5700 and FX 5900 (interestingly, look at the eVGA.com FX 5900 SE, which is at street of $199.00 right now) can be had for about 200.00 street, and you might look at an ASUS Radeon 9600 XT also.
    No i cant i got it from a friend for free. I am looking for a good card under 200 bucks I am looking at the ti4800 by gainward. what do you guys think I should get?
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    No i cant i got it from a friend for free. I am looking for a good card under 200 bucks I am looking at the ti4800 by gainward. what do you guys think I should get?
    Keep combing the refurb section I saw an ATi brand 9800pro128 for $218 but are out of stock ATM.