Computer can't boot

edited November 2007 in Hardware
When I on my com there is power all the fans are running, but my com wont startup. Blank screen forever. What is the problem? What should I do?
Help will be very much appreciated.

Comments

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Can you try to plug in another monitor, or try a different graphics card? What are your system specs?
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Does your computer have a video card or onboard video? If it's a card, pull the power cord from the back of the computer, open the case, remove the video card, and firmly reseat it.

If it's onboard video, remove powere, pull the video (monitor) cable, and firmly reattach it. If neither of those work, try your computer with another monitor, or try you monitor with another computer

You wrote that the monitor stayed black. Not any text at all? Nothing?
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited November 2007
    Well, if you got it to work before, what did you do before it wouldn't boot, or did something happen that caused you to restart it?
  • edited November 2007
    The monitor is ok. U know when U boot a com it will have all the booting up noises from the cpu. In my case it has nothing it just won't run. that day, I did changed the clock battery in the morning, it was working fine, but at night it just won't start up.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited November 2007
    I think you got a bad bios.