WARPATH discussion

2»

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Agreed....I seem to remember IC getting their asses handed once or twice when we were on other servers :)

We didn't bitch, did we?
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    shortest warpath run ever :p

For some reason, I just LOVE being a demoman on that map. I think it's painting the fourth control point with stickybombs and watching the enemies run in and explode, over and over again. It cracks me up every time :p
    and by "enemies" you mean me? ;D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I lolled! :D
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited November 2007
    Regarding the whole issue of stacking teams, I apologize. I'm pretty guilty of that alot of the times we are playing. My bad.

I think a good solution to this problem is the option to randomize teams. I don't think its built-into the game, because I remember it was a small-mod or script or something. Nothing large like admin-mod or beetle-mod etc. But this mod-thingy basically took everyone on both teams and spectator modes and distributed them randomly across both teams. It eliminates stacking pretty well.

I can't remember what it is called though. Might be worth looking up.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I am liking this map more and more. It has many options for defense and offense. You must have an engineer or two, teleports ftw!
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    regarding clanstacking i almost always end up on the opposite team as IC for some unknown reason and im fine with it..i actually enjoy watching prime and fatty explode :honoes:

Maybe we should get an actual competitive clan-esque thing going on cuz a lot of us are really good, maybe just the occasional scrim with another clan, like those 2 guys from the epic game on warpath x days ago that complemented our server.

P.S. i <3:honoes:
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    :wtf::eek3:
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Gate28 wrote:
    P.S. i <3:honoes:

;D
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Wow, my first Warpath experience and I now understand the epic-ness... The first game the Red team lost pretty handily and were getting it handed to us in the second game and were down to our last control point... There was only 10 minutes left in the game and things were looking bleak, but we pushed back and continued the push to the middle where that point was contested for awhile... We finally made another push and got past into the 4th point... By this time the game was going close to an hour of playing... We battled back and forth until finally we capped the last point... What an epic comeback and a Red push FTW!!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    SEE? I TOLD YUO IT WAS EPIC!
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCC!

And on another topic, I agree with all the comments made about the clanstacking ( :cough: ...freaking clan stackers... :cough: ). Its always fun to play with a team full of familiar people (not just the {IC} guys) but sometimes its just not possible to do this. Plus sometimes its fun to blow up certain people (prime)or to destroy someone's annoying teleporter thats in our base (prime) or to stab some people in the back (hawk/winfrey) or to set someone afire (anyone).
    I don't always play to win, as might be evident when I run around hitting everyone with melee weapons, but its not really any fun to continuously get egg-rolled because all the {IC} guys are on one team and I'm stuck on the other.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    I got to play Warpath for the first time today. Now I understand why you guys say it's epic every time.

My favorite part: winning the round less than five minutes after Black Hawk (on our team) said, "Let's just give up and let them take the last point guys." ;)
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Still haven't played warpath. Still see clanstacking.