Driver Problem

edited November 2007 in Science & Tech
So I installed a slip-streamed version of XPMC 2005 on my desktop so I can stream to my 360, and it installed fine. The problem occured, though, when I tried to install my ethernet driver. I popped in the mobo CD and it gave me an error message, so I found the driver off the web and threw it on my computer. I tried to install it (it was in an .exe package) but it didn't install it. So I went in through device manager and tried to get it to install that way, but to no avail yet again. Any advice?

It's just the nvidia ethernet that I'm trying to install.

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    Hope you find answer to your problem. I would hardly categorize this is an emergency, so I've moved the thread to another forum.
  • edited November 2007
    This is an emergency to me Leo :0. Thanks for moving it for me though, I couldn't find the right place to put it. If anyone needs any more clarification about my problem, I'd be glad to provide it. Thanks guys/gals.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    We generally categorize an emergency issue as a problem that prevents one from using his computer. An emergency could also be a problem that would prevent one from getting critical homework turned in or a problem that would cause loss to a business.

If you consider this an emergency, I assume you have your reasons and will not challenge you.

Again, I hope you get the problem solved.

I apologize if I have compounded the problem you already have by moving your thread.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited November 2007
    Alot of Nvidia based boards use the Realtek FE or GbE 8118 or 8888 like mine does. Hit the realtek site and grab their latest FE or GbE package and see if that works.
  • edited November 2007
    Leo, I consider it an emergency because I can't get it to work, but there is nothing crucial on the computer (that's what my laptop is for). I'll try the fix you said YAD as soon as I get back to the computer...if I could just install mythTV this wouldn't be a prob...but I can't stream to the 360 with anything other than XPMC/Vista crap.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited November 2007
    You know, not to split hairs...

E·mer·gen·cy /ɪˈmɜrdʒənsi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[i-mur-juhn-see] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, plural -cies, adjective
    –noun
    1.A sudden, urgent, usually unexpected occurrence or occasion requiring immediate action.
    2.A state, esp. of need for help or relief, created by some unexpected event: a weather emergency; a financial emergency.
    –adjective
    3.Granted, used, or for use in an emergency: an emergency leave; emergency lights.

But uh...Yeah. Some emergency you got there, lives at stake, financial futures dwindling before the maw of chaos like so many diced weenies. And for the record, this is a joke. I don't use emoticons or whatever the hell they're called. So laugh and make merry.
  • edited November 2007
    You know, not to split hairs...

E·mer·gen·cy /ɪˈmɜrdʒənsi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[i-mur-juhn-see] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, plural -cies, adjective
    –noun
    1.A sudden, urgent, usually unexpected occurrence or occasion requiring immediate action.

That's what's going on right there....drivers not working is serious business in the cambrose household....I know this is in jest...I'd only expect something mean from Nomad....or maybe Fatcat.