Falsely Labelled Radeon 9700 Pro

2»

Comments

• SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited November 2003
    I just spoke with the individual who sold the 9700 Pro card to me. He tells me that this card was an RMA replacement for a retail ATI Radeon 9700 Pro that was sent in to ATI Warranty Services.

Looks like I'll be able to take this up with ATI Warranty Services. :)
  • edited April 2005
    Did you recently update to SP2?

I have got the same card as you and recently upgraded to SP2

VGA startup was ok but i got the same funny screen as you did. I bought a new 9800 SE and what happened the same funny screen.

I read about SP2 and SP2 does not handle some memory places anymore due to stability roblems i think that this card together with the motherboard gives memory problems.

After 1 week of installing upgrading new drivers etc i did a motherboard flash (bios) and everything is working A OK now.

MSI KT4 V motherboard

I have not tried my old card but in my opinion this will work.

Joost
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Did you recently update to SP2?

I have got the same card as you and recently upgraded to SP2

VGA startup was ok but i got the same funny screen as you did. I bought a new 9800 SE and what happened the same funny screen.

I read about SP2 and SP2 does not handle some memory places anymore due to stability roblems i think that this card together with the motherboard gives memory problems.

After 1 week of installing upgrading new drivers etc i did a motherboard flash (bios) and everything is working A OK now.

MSI KT4 V motherboard

I have not tried my old card but in my opinion this will work.

Joost

This was back in Nov. 2003.