WTB: Pentium D 9**

Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
edited December 2007 in Trading Post
I need to find a Pentium D 9-series chip for my bros comp. I am thinking around 50-75. Let me know if you have one I can get from ya.

Thanks,

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    if it supports the core2 series, i highly suggest this chip on the cheap:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116037&Tpk=2140
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    I would imagine that a D930 will walk all over that 1.6GHz Allendale. Frankly, I didn't know that there was Core 2 CPU produced at that low of speed. It would be a low power, low heat producing CPU. That would be nice.

Radio, I've still got two D930 rigs to update, but a new 24" monitor comes first. Sorry, it may be a while.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    I have one of them...and coupled with an 8800gts, it can play any game out there right now...and is currently responsible for all my folding production. Mine is overclocked to 3.2, and i love the chip for the price.
    Leonardo wrote:
    I would imagine that a D930 will walk all over that 1.6GHz Allendale. Frankly, I didn't know that there was Core 2 CPU produced at that low of speed. It would be a low power, low heat producing CPU. That would be nice.

Radio, I've still got two D930 rigs to update, but a new 24" monitor comes first. Sorry, it may be a while.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2007
    Mine is overclocked to 3.2
    Now that changes things. If overclocked to 3.2GHz, it will probably run about the same as a D930 OC at 4.0GHz, but with a lot less heat and power consumption.

Sounds like a really good CPU.
  • Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
    edited December 2007
    I'll be dropping it into a P5B-Deluxe. I am worried about overclocking though. Before I switched to the 680i that I have now. I had taken the NB cooler off to replace it on the P5B-Deluxe. After that I was not able to get a stable overclock. Any variance from default brought the wonderful BSOD. With that in mind, I don't know.