Lachesis Mouse Issues?

Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
edited January 2008 in Hardware
Hey,

I got a Razer Lachesis mouse for xmas and I have a problem with it.

When I top using the mouse for a little while, one of the axes stop working for a second, and I have to wriggle in it to get it to move. Razer has no support on this topic, so I was wondering if you guys could help me.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Just a thought: Perhaps the mouse goes into idle and turns off the laser?
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    No, Razer products are all instant-on. They go into a slight power-save, but all axes are always responsive. I've never heard of this problem with their products (I have a Diamondback Chameleon, so speaking from some small amount of experience).
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    yeah, my copperhead worked fine, i guess it is just powersave from its EPIC 4k dpi-ness that I sue it on.

On a side note...slightly used copperhead for sale =p
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    I liked the Copperhead when I reviewed it. It's not for everyone, though.
  • edited January 2008
    New to these forums but I might be interested in your old copperhead if the price is right, PM me with what you were thinking and we can setup an ebay auction or something so it's secure on both ends.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    eBay secure? hilarious!

Krazyflips, we have a trading sub-forum here at Icrontic. Once you have five (or is it ten?) posts, you can post there. Our trading in the forum, Deal Depot and Trading Post, is much more secure than eBay, assuming the traders adhere to the rules and follow safe trading practices outlined at the top of the trading forum.

Thanks for registering and posting at Icrontic.
  • edited January 2008
    Leonardo wrote:
    eBay secure? hilarious!

Krazyflips, we have a trading sub-forum here at Icrontic. Once you have five (or is it ten?) posts, you can post there. Our trading in the forum, Deal Depot and Trading Post, is much more secure than eBay, assuming the traders adhere to the rules and follow safe trading practices outlined at the top of the trading forum.

Thanks for registering and posting at Icrontic.

I knew a lot of people were familiar with ebay and figured it would be the most reliable way to show proof of purchase online, if there is another method that people use I'd be more than glad to check it out. I'm also new to these boards as I mentioned so I figured just saying "Hey I'll buy you mouse" would look kinda shady.
    edited January 2008
    I understand. Really, thanks for visiting. We hope you stay. eBay evaluations are one way to show reliability. A very popular rating and documentation site for computer/parts traders is Heatware.

Gate, I know nothing about that mouse you have. Please enlighten me. What differentiates a 'gaming' mouse from an ordinary optical mouse?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2008
    Leo:

http://icrontic.com/articles/razer_copperhead_razer_krait_gaming_mouse_review

:p

Major differences include much, much higher polling rates, resolution, and sensitivity settings (different sensitivities for X and Y, for example - useful for sniping in games, etc.) highly customizable drivers and comfort and extended usage ergonmic features. Basically gaming mice are extremely high end mice. It's like the difference between a gaming video card and a regular onboard video chip - both are useful to everybody but only the gaming card has features that are important for gamers (like driver settings, 3D acceleration, etc.)
    edited January 2008
    Thanks.

I've seen the articles on gaming mice before, just haven't read them. I see "gaming" in an article header and a stereotype pops into my mind - oh, another piece about an overpriced piece of equipment to fleece the gamers. I know that's often a false perception.