Icrontic St. Patrick's Day Party @ ICHQ!!!!

1235»

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    ' wrote:
    [v][AGIC'] Ill playin the TF2 thing though. Cya guys at LAN time hopefully.

me too, prolly around 9:00 pm eastern.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    We're here, and it's totally awesome.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    ' wrote:
    [v][AGIC']Car problems, not going to be making it down

FAIL.
    edited March 2008
    I just can't wash my right arm enough.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    it never comes off.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    it never comes off.

I don't think I want to know...:confused:
    edited March 2008
    So....

Basically I've been having network issues all day.

CB Droege has been having network issues all day.

It ruined our TF2 game (at least for the two of us)

So finally we crack down and start checking into it.

Now, we have TT, myself, thrax, et. al all checking into this problem

We spent almost 2 hours trying to figure it out. We started checking into DHCP database viability, corrupt arp caches, more advanced things like that.

NO one could figure it out. We were all stumped.

Finally, I said "what if we have the same MAC address?"

Nobody thought that was even remotely possible. I mean, the chances of an identical MAC are ... what, 17 billion to 1 or something?

Well, finally we gave in and to humor the thought, we read off our MAC addresses.

It was like reading a lotto ticket. When we read the sixth number and it was identical, the whole room erupted. WE HAVE THE SAME EXACT ****ING MAC ADDRESS.

WHAT THE ****?!?!?!? ;D
    edited March 2008
    wait, wait, I thought about this more:
    so 17,000,000,000:1 that two devices have the same MAC address. However: The chances that those two devices, owned by people in different states, would somehow be brought together on the same physical network for a LAN party..... are just...

astro-****ing-nomical
    edited March 2008
    Actually, now that I think about it:

The chances are apparently 100%. 1:1

:wtf:
    edited March 2008
    And they're both Asus motherboards with nVidia chipsets.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    wait, wait, I thought about this more:
    so 17,000,000,000:1 that two devices have the same MAC address. However: The chances that those two devices, owned by people in different states, would somehow be brought together on the same physical network for a LAN party..... are just...

astro-****ing-nomical

well why don't you two just get married.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    alcohol n ass

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3AWlSqXEqGw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3AWlSqXEqGw&hl=en&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

that is all
    edited March 2008
    I have never heard of people have the exact same MAC address before. I thought they were all supposed to be unique?
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    I have never heard of people have the exact same MAC address before. I thought they were all supposed to be unique?
    Nope... there are only so many of them. The first couple characters are the manufacturer's unique code. Fermilab even has a set...

00-80-55

Intel = 00-90-27</pre>
    The next three sets are set by that manufacturer... since their in hex, that's 12 to the 6th combinations, I think. 12 million? My math is so rusty..,.
    edited March 2008
    ICSP has turned into 4 people playing rock band, then rest standing around. Yes there is some rotation, but a couple people havent played, some have left ICHQ to do other things, 1 guy is playing a nintendo ds and even a couple are just hanging out on the forums.

I like rock band, but when you are not playing you'd almost rather be fishing.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    <3
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Time for an intervention. ;)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    I just wanted to say, now that the party is over with, that it was <i>fantastic.</i> From playing Smash Brothers Brawl on the Wii with some of the guys, to rocking out, to watching others rock out (Holy **** sharky), to being a lech with Stainmenow + Prime, and the <b>epic beer sampling</b>. We easily had more than 3 dozen different types of beer present throughout the LAN, and it was <i>awesome</i>.

Great idea, FC! I'm glad I got to see all of you again (Or for the first time)!
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Thrax wrote:
    I just wanted to say, now that the party is over with, that it was fantastic. From playing Smash Brothers Brawl on the Wii with some of the guys, to rocking out, to watching others rock out (Holy **** sharky), to being a lech with Stainmenow + Prime, and the epic beer sampling. We easily had more than 3 dozen different types of beer present throughout the LAN, and it was awesome.
    qft. Epic Rock Band / White Castle run was EPIC. :cheers2:
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    :|

:D
    edited March 2008
    Yea awesome weekend.

Now I must recover.

IC LAN '08 in 3 MONTHS!
    edited March 2008
    fatcat stay at ICHQ for Patty's day if you can (or are) Its supposed to rain all day tomorrow here :(
    edited March 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    fatcat stay at ICHQ for Patty's day if you can (or are) Its supposed to rain all day tomorrow here :(

I'm already back in lovely Missouri. FML
    edited March 2008
    well maybe it will rain less in by you than in Kansas City. The weather men here are like "It will rain tomorrow from morning 'till 10:00am just in time for the parade and then start back up again after the parade is over lol"

which I call bs on.:bs: