Telephone

NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
edited February 2008 in Internet & Media
This was done as an assignment for a visual response project based off the 'telephone' game played by children. Painted in Photoshop over the course of three and a half hours. We were limited to 6"x6" format.

Telephone.jpg

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    You rock.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Don't get me wrong, very well done, but I don't understand. Did somebody else send you part of that picture and you added something on to it, or how does it relate to telephone exactly?

Very nice job, though.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    MJancaitis wrote:
    Don't get me wrong, very well done, but I don't understand. Did somebody else send you part of that picture and you added something on to it, or how does it relate to telephone exactly?

Very nice job, though.

Basically, telephone the word game works where someone will say a sentence like, "John has long hair," and they'll tell it to the next person, and they to the next, and so on. The point is to see if the original message is retained by the time it gets to the last person, often it is vastly different because people either mishear or purposely change the sentence.

The visual part of the same game is that you are given an image, and you respond to it with the first thought you get, the next person gets your image and they do the same. Over time, like the word, the message changes.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    So you received an image and drew this one completely separate from it, not just adding something to it?

Very nice.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    It's really good, what type of camera did you use?

OH... you made that by hand? Oops, my bad. AWESOME!!! :D
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    MJancaitis wrote:
    So you received an image and drew this one completely separate from it, not just adding something to it?

Yes.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Nomad wrote:

Telephone.jpg

Beautiful!