Folding@Home Stuck on Starting (SERVICE)

FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
edited February 2008 in Folding@Home
I installed the SMP F@H which the fah.exe service is running in the Task Manager and in the services (via control panel) it is stuck on 'Starting' as shown in my screenshot attached.

When I run the fah.exe manually it loads the DOS prompt window and starts the folding process.

Have i done something wrong to make it not work?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Reboot then see what happens. Also, don't run the service and command line at the same time.
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, I've restarted several times... Should I uninstall/reinstall?
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Disable the service, reboot, restart the service and see what happens then. Otherwise, yeah, just wipe the folder clean and reinstall.
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited February 2008
    Ok, will try that tonight.. Is there no way to uninstall apart from disable the services and deleting the folders?
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, that's pretty much it. To delete the service, go the command line and type in the name of the FAH executable and add the flag -configonly.