cassette to hrd drive of pc

edited February 2008 in Hardware
how do i extract the cassette recording into my pc and convert it into mp3 song cd?

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Complex:

1. Take and hook up your audio (output) from cassette recorder to your sound card microphone (input) on PC.

2. Use computer software to convert the resulting file to MP3.

3. Burn a data CD from your CD burning program with your CD burning drive in computer.

For high quality sound, expect BIG files. Ask more questions for detailed answers from folks here.
  • edited February 2008
    i did this bur there was no sound recorded.i first insert the on end pin to cassette recorder and other to pc mic after that i tried to record the song with the help of sound recorder but there was no sound effect at the time of recording nor after it.is there any special wire or software i need?
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Don't use the MIC, use LINE IN.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Yup.

I'd recomend using a decent tape deck, run line out (play/monitor) on the tape deck to the line in on your computer. On the software side of things I'd recommend audacity as my program of choice. I'm not sure if it comes with an mp3 encoder or not, but I'm sure you could get LAME to provide mp3 support.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited February 2008
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2008
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    wseem wrote:
    ii first insert the on end pin to cassette recorder and other to pc mic ?

Ok take and plug one end into the headset jack (not cassette recorder) on the tape player than
    the other to the mic of the pc.
    To keep it simple that would work and you can use the sound
    recorder on your pc.

You will need a wire with two males ends on and it sounds like you
    already have that. :)
  • edited February 2008
    well it seems i m in heaven, u all people r like angles.i m happy to b here,where i can find any solution.
    thanks a lot guys
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited February 2008
    If this is just regular music you are trying to transfer. You can save a lot of grief and get a lot better quality if you just go and download the song(s).
  • edited February 2008
    can any one tell me where to download free music video
    friends, free mean free
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited February 2008
    Not legally if it's commercial music. But itunes is only $.99 a song and is simple to use.