3850 OC and TT Dual orb

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited February 2008 in Hardware
Crazy thing I buy this Visiontek 3850 OC edition with a big Ole cooler. Ran it for a while OCed it alittle and ended up Hiting 71*C in a test. I was Like OMG , So the Dual orb I HAD for sale I took it out threw it on and Now I am sitting at 46* C during the test. AMAZING cooler!

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Someone check me if I'm wrong, but 71C for a GPU is not overheating. They typically run much hotter than CPUs.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Hotter than I felt comfortable with
  • edited February 2008
    Glad the dual orb is working out for you, Gnome. But like Leo said, 71 C isn't a bad temp for a gpu. Of course, the cooler the better though.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Stock cooling and a cheap PCI dual 80mm adjustable fan chip keeps my 800MHz OC at 52C load. It was literally £10 ($19). By Vantec If anyone is interested.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    muddocktor wrote:
    Glad the dual orb is working out for you, Gnome. But like Leo said, 71 C isn't a bad temp for a gpu. Of course, the cooler the better though.

I understand its not BAD, But a 26*c drop is HUGE in cooling, the lower teh better the lower the higher OC!