What's happened to the ICx project?

CryptoCrypto W.Sussex UK Member
edited February 2008 in Folding@Home
Just had a quick look down the list of ICX machines and it's a job to find any that have turned in any points at all for February. Most haven't turned in points this year and some way back before.

Is the project dead?

There are some previous big hitters that are AWOL, I'm not mentioning their names here but you can see for yourselves.

I keep plodding on with Icrontic7 but it hardly seems worth the electricity bill for such a low spec machine.

Shall I turn the lights off on my way out?

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Crypto, due to rapidly advancing technology and the increasingly intense F@H work units, the Team 93 leadership decided it was time to recall many of the older ICx rigs for overhaul or replacement. Due to the number of old machines, this is a daunting task that may take quite a while.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Well... seeing that I carry the title of Chairperson of the ICx Project, I guess the onus falls on me to explain.
    ICx Chair wrote:
    Yeah... What Leo said. :D

No really... One Intel Dual Core can generate over a 1,000 points per day WITHOUT doing anything special. Also, many of our hosts are stepping down so we decided to regroup and relaunch the project with some HOT RODS. We've recalled 8 of the 32 and we're (not) actively working on others. (My fault :( )

As for you, Mr. Crypto... You are on the list of people to contact regarding you rig. Stay tuned for a PM.