Getting Away from SMP

QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
edited February 2008 in Folding@Home
My current project is requiring that I travel a lot and it has forced me to use the standard console client- so my numbers will likely not improve and lose about 1000ppd immediately. With lots of down time and too many situations without connectivity and/or power, it's mostly a miss in getting SMP WUs in on time.

I also don't have someone watching the rigs while I'm away right now.

It's been fun watching big numbers go up for a while, but right now I'm generating too many fruitless WUs. So rather than put up with the waste, I've gone to good ole console 5.04 (for some reason there's a problem with version 6 beta 5) on my mobile. The numbers from the rigs may be inconsistent too and if it gets too bad I'll revert them as well.

I'll be poking in and out for a while- the work is very demanding, not PC related, and I'll be coming back out of touch- so bear with me.

Regardless- Fold on :) .

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Good luck! We'll be around for ya :)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Gotta do what ya gotta do! We know you are doing your best. What more can we ask!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    I wish the SMP client would come out of beta already, or that they'd at least relax the deadlines. The deadlines feel kind of oppressive for my laptop, with its varying running time.

I feel your pain, Qel. Good luck with the regular console client!
  • Quantom-XQuantom-X Alexander, Arkansas
    edited February 2008
    Just remember, “Never give up, never surrender!”. Tony Tager Galaxy Quest:thumbsup: