What is your favorite game?

sociable-nomadsociable-nomad New Zealand - The land of the long white cloud
edited April 2008 in Gaming
Well what is it?

Currently mine are:
NFS Most wanted - nice graphics and cars (eyecandy central for a car guy)
World of Warcraft (thanks to my flatmate lettin me play this on his system, Im now building my first rig:buck: )

So what do we all like to play and why?

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Generals Zero hour at the moment, trying to complete every map against the maximum amount of hardest AI (to get the highest honor for each map) but to be honest I'm getting bored of that as it's far too easy.

Can't say I'm really playing anything else, getting a little bored of gaming, that and not being able to afford anything, heh.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited June 2006
    The best game I've recently played is F.E.A.R.
    CoD2 online is good fun as is HL2 single player. Biggest dissapointment is Hitman Blood Money which I got yesterday.
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited June 2006
    Current favourite - Oblivion (still!)
    All time favourite - Herzog Zwei
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    Age Of Empires II, followed by The 7th Guest and King's Quest VII.

Yeah, I know... ;)
  • edited June 2006
    Rome: Total War, Oblivion and Pro Evo 5 at the moment.
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    my top three are
    Red alert 2
    American McGee Alice
    Call of duty
  • iHatePopUpsiHatePopUps Singapore
    edited June 2006
    As of now my favourites are:
    Guild Wars / Guild Wars : Factions
    Warcraft III ROC/ Warcraft III FT

GW's environment and graphics are as engrossing as it's story. The fact that you can customize your character over and over again with different stats is a big big plus. And, it goes by a 1 time payment.

I prefer WC3's gameplays style to C&C, though I've played both. Blizzard kinda excels in this area I suppose.
  • Xavier-HollandXavier-Holland Rockville, Maryland
    edited June 2006
    Currently mine are:
    DooM3
    DooM3:LmS(Last Man Standing Co-op Mod) [Which would be available for free but only to 1.3patched clients who have a valid cd key and can enable punkbusterRC. http://lms.d3files.com/]
    DooM3:RoE(The expansion to the amazing game known as DooM3 in a revisit to Mars Facility with the UAC's tried and true Marine forces. This time in the hands of another Marine you have the soul cube and the gates of hell are open once again... more info available to DooM3 fans at www.doom3.com)
    And also me loveable Quake 4.:)
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    EQ2 for now, till i get bored of it
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Right now I can't really play anything other than oblivion. My all time favorite game of ever ever all time forever best is Alternate Reality: The Dungeon for the original 8 bit atari..

Maybe that's why I like oblivion. AR: Dungeon was the oblivion of its day. I would go ape**** over an Alternate Reality oblivion mod. :eek3:
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    I am having some fun with Command and Conquer Generals... but I don't think it'll last much longer. I get bored of things too quickly.
  • SquillSquill Chesterfield, Va
    edited June 2006
    Sex! ....Errr Eve Onlne right now.
  • edited July 2006
    Probully single player would be oblivion

Multiplayer would be halo2, which is a lot of fun if you have live or can get lots of friends to come over and play it ( like 4 TVs all for playing halo).
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Guild Wars: Factions rght now
    all time fav.............Quest for Glory II ! which they are actually remaking http://www.agdinteractive.com/ already done King's Quest I & II
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2006
    Thanks for the link, fatcat6! :D

My daughter and I played the entire KQ series when she was a kid. She was visiting me for the last few weeks and we talked about how much fun it would be to play them again. :woowoo:
    edited July 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Thanks for the link, fatcat6! :D

My daughter and I played the entire KQ series when she was a kid. She was visiting me for the last few weeks and we talked about how much fun it would be to play them again. :woowoo:

no problem!

yes I did all the King's Quest, Quest for Glory, Space Quest, and Leisure Suit Larry's growing up. Sierra was the bomb back then.
  • HotrodsunHotrodsun Salem, OR
    edited July 2006
    Guildwars/ factions right now, I used to be Diabo 2 but after thousands of hours I was finally able to kick the habit.
  • DeanoDeano Leicestershire, England
    edited July 2006
    My fave games:

at the moment, i don't play videogames that much anymore, but for the pc is probably f.e.a.r, and my all time favourite is definately, without a doubt, Final Fantasy VII. That game is soo awesome!

:D

i mostly like rpgs, but i also enjoy fps', and driving/racing games, my favourite of which is "toca world touring cars" for playstation 1
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited July 2006
    1. Daggerfall
    2. Final Fantasy VII
    3. Final Fantasy X and X-2
    4. Counter-Strike
    5. Half-Life 2
    6. Half-Life
    7. F.E.A.R
    8. The Sims (all)
    9. Medal of Honor (Can't remember name, but its for PS1)
    10. First Rainbow Six
    And pretty much any other war/fps and most RPGs
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2006
    Psychonauts is a fantastic game. I think everyone should play it at least once. The story and characters are just so incredibly over-the-top.

Another great game that you could probably find in the bargain bin is No One Lives Forever 2: A spy in HARM's way.
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited July 2006
    I waffle back and forth between DOD, DOD:S and BF1942. I just bought BFV and love it, but I don't LOVE it, yet anyway. Painkiller is top 3, too- one of the best single-player games ever.

I wish my PC could handle F.E.A.R.- looks like a great game.
  • edited August 2006
    My all time favorites are The Sims 2 (and expansion packs), Americas Army (which is free from www.download.com) and I recently bought Age Of Empires 3 and discovered that the campaign is much better than the earlier AOEs. Those are my top picks!
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    leisure suit larry 3: Invasion of the lounge lizards
  • edited August 2006
    UT2004 right now, all time favorite is Marathon.
  • edited August 2006
    counter strike source is still #1 here.
    i saw someone mention Herzog Zwei. Bloody WICKED game. I used to mention that to people when I was a kid and they'd look at me like i was a freak... "her what's who?"
    F-Zero is an all-time goodie too
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited August 2006
    Ranking of my favorite games from best to worst.

Pc games
    1. Half-Life
    2. Half-Life 2
    3. Deus Ex (The first NOT the second)

Console Games
    1.Final Fantasy 7 (psx)
    2.Metal Gear Solid (psx)
    3.Metal Gear Solid 3 snake eater (ps2)
  • Thunder-ThighsThunder-Thighs Flanders, NJ
    edited August 2006
    Top 3 games I love are:

1. Super Mario 64 (best game for the N64. So many hrs of gameplay)
    2. DDR MAXX (great workout for those who like to keep in shape)
    3. Halo 2 (wonderful multiplayer, especially with 4 xboxes linked up) :Pwned:
    edited August 2006
    Another great game that you could probably find in the bargain bin is No One Lives Forever 2: A spy in HARM's way.

honestly i was disappointed in the lack of different outfits she had :vimp: and the shortness of the game, although it was fun.

Starcraft also has to be on the list of top favs
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited August 2006
    XturnLGod wrote:
    i saw someone mention Herzog Zwei. Bloody WICKED game. I used to mention that to people when I was a kid and they'd look at me like i was a freak... "her what's who?"

There's a remake in progress on sourceforge

http://herzog3d.sourceforge.net/

Seems to be in very early stages, but looks promising.
  • NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    edited August 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    Age Of Empires II, followed by The 7th Guest and King's Quest VII.

Yeah, I know... ;)
    That's Right! Kings Quest is the... stuff and Age of Empire 2 is the... well... you get the idea. Anywho, my favorite game of all time is Bujingai for the PS2, but for the PC, Rakion...:buck: