• rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited February 2008
    Final Fantasy Tactics PSX / PSPversion.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Medieval 2: Total war
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Merged with our original "favorite games" thread :)
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited February 2008
    The one game that's taking up most of my time is most definitely Guitar Hero 3. I only wish I had the 360 version and the 360 to match... DLC = win.
  • revorocksrevorocks England, East Sussex, Hove Member
    edited February 2008
    Wtf??? im confused, i thought i just made this topic today... has mine been removed and put in this one?
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Medieval 2: Total war
    awesome series of games
    Wtf??? im confused, i thought i just made this topic today... has mine been removed and put in this one?
    Merged with our original "favorite games" thread

that is all.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    It has not been removed. It's been merged so we don't have redundant threads. I didn't delete a single letter of anything you typed.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    was FF7, then Starcraft, and then was Team Fortress Classic,CS:S and then Guitar Hero, then RE4, WoW, C&C 3, Team Fortress 2, and now COD4
  • revorocksrevorocks England, East Sussex, Hove Member
    edited February 2008
    ohh, ok, i didnt see the post saying youve merged it, silly me...

well thanks for letting me know.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Simply, Half-Life 2.

The HL series have been my favorite ever since I started playing back in 1999. The flexible engines, limitless expandability and ease of use always brought me back for more. I've been playing a mod or extension of the series almost every day for 8 years. That's saying something about a game's longevity.

Other favs:
    Unreal Tournament series
    Crysis
    Flatout
    Diablo series
    IL2 Sturmovik
    Mech Commander
    Chrono Cross
    The Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis series

ect ect...
  • edited February 2008
    Battlefield 1942 and the Desert Combat Final mod 6 yrs and running.
    :)
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Mech Commander

Oh how I long for a new mech game!!!! Anyone else play Earthsiege 2 or Heavy Gear 2? These were amazing games for their time and if some company would resurrect the mech genre, with today's gaming possibilities (think amazing graphics, sounds, storylines!!!!) I would be insanely happy!
  • edited February 2008
    Half-Life 2 and Crysis are pretty good.
    edited February 2008
    Battlefield 1942 made me feel horribly ill from motion sickness :cool2: The game literally almost made me throw up... Oh, and the graphics made me want to cry :tongue: Although the first fps I ever played was Ghost Recon 2: Advanced Warfare, so I got used to good graphics quickly xD
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    jj6400 wrote:
    Oh how I long for a new mech game!!!! Anyone else play Earthsiege 2 or Heavy Gear 2? These were amazing games for their time and if some company would resurrect the mech genre, with today's gaming possibilities (think amazing graphics, sounds, storylines!!!!) I would be insanely happy!

Oh yeah, the possibilities! Mech Assault gave us a taste of what could be possible visually for last-gen systems. (Sadly, it was watered down and favored arcade styles). But now that the rights to the Mechwarrior franchise is in the hands of the founder of FASA, we could probably expect a new mech game within a year or so. I can't wait.
  • edited February 2008
    I'd say it was your own fault that you almost threw up from motion sickness, Battlefield 1942 beats most games that are out even now in the graphics, I havnt played any of the ghost recon games so I wouldnt know about those.
    edited February 2008
    Well, it's not my own fault that a game makes me invoulentarily sick, but I see what you mean :tongue: graw2 is a good game, short, but good. I completed it in 3 sittings :bigggrin:
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Does anybody else long for a new Myst or something? I'm tired of shooting and driving, I want a real mystery, no guns blazing, just something I have to think about and meander through at my own pace and solve puzzles and junk. Uncharted got close, but ended up with way too much action.

Is there such a game on the market now? Sadly, even with compatibility mode, Myst for Windows 95 won't install on Vista :/ Haha.

As far as my favorite games, I'm stuck on the Orange Box (gonna replay the whole HL series soon), COD4, currently engrossed in GH3 (6 songs left on expert), and am picking up Army of Two when it comes out and impatiently awaiting Spore and MGS4.
    edited February 2008
    The last Myst game released was like "Myst: the last one" or something like that. So I dunno if another is in the works. I get my adventure gaming fix from old games like Sam & Max: Hit the Road, or any other LucasArts game.

Have you tried Dosbox? You might be able to get Myst to work on that.

I can't recommend new puzzle/adventure games because I haven't played 'em ;)

Spore will end the world when it comes out.
    edited February 2008
    Good looking out on the DOSbox. I'm gonna have to look more into it to see if it can handle installing a game, or if it can only run all-in-one packages. The Myst I have can't even install for me.

Thanks bud.
    edited February 2008
    np :)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    MJancaitis wrote:
    Good looking out on the DOSbox. I'm gonna have to look more into it to see if it can handle installing a game, or if it can only run all-in-one packages. The Myst I have can't even install for me.

Thanks bud.

It can do anything DOS or Win95 could do. Install, uninstall, run, configure sound, video, etc.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Myst is dead, theres one more coming out i beleive, then you need to get your myst fix with uru on gametap.

STEEL BATALLION FTW
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    Thief The Dark Project
    Diablo
    Starcraft
    Age of Empires
    Mortal Kombat series
    Medal Of Honor series
    COD series
    UT3
    Demon Stone Forgotten Realms
    ....and several Nes/Snes and arcade games.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Right now it's Super Smash Bros. Melee. I'm trying to re-harness my skills for when Brawl comes out. I'm a beast as Link and Roy:banghead:. I'm also playing a little Crysis online. I've found the absolute best sniper spot. Lynx knows what I'm talking about.
    edited March 2008
    Link in SSBB has been totally mutilated :tongue:
    edited March 2008
    I picked up Army of Two today, pretty much solely for the fact that anything my friend and I play coop is a freaking hoot. So far it's a pretty decent game, really.
  • JayBirdSlimJayBirdSlim Atlanta, GA New
    edited March 2008
    I'm playing Gears of War, Burnout (cause crashing and mahem in gnereal never gets old) and am about to finally quite messing around and finish Oblivion. I've been basically just running around when I've played recently finishing all sorts of side missions, need to finish the last main mission.
  • Crackers-Crackers- Surrey
    edited March 2008
    Hey, Well im quite in to Call Of Duty 4 modern warfare. i only play online as my brother hogs the cd! :mad:. if anyone elses plays Cod4 online just say or add me on xfire Robster93

-Rob
    edited March 2008
    Welcome to Icrontic :) I've not played CoD before, but I've only heard good things about it. Is there a trial/demo?