Q6600 retail now $199.99+tax

yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
edited March 2008 in Hardware
If you live near a MicroCenter, the q6600 is now $199.99! I'm not sure if it's dropping everywhere to that level, but it's there now at MicroCenter. :D

Comments

• edited February 2008
    Yeah, that's a damn good deal, especially for you farmers in the folding project.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited February 2008
    ZOMG!!! I just saw this on the comments on the Kingston HyperX review....and there is a Microcenter nearby in Fairfax. And there was one in Columbus too.

Its really temping....
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited February 2008
    mmonnin wrote:
    ZOMG!!! I just saw this on the comments on the Kingston HyperX review....and there is a Microcenter nearby in Fairfax. And there was one in Columbus too.

Its really temping....

and you can hold it in your hands and read the digits on it *caugh* clubit *caugh* is a big waste
    edited February 2008
    I'm lost, what did you mean by that.

Does anyone know if it is going to be a permanent price or for how long it will last?
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited February 2008
    mmonnin wrote:
    I'm lost, what did you mean by that.

Does anyone know if it is going to be a permanent price or for how long it will last?

I meant you can physically see the stepping on it before you buy, although anywhere that us icrontians would buy it online probably has zero stock left of the old steppings, which makes hunting for G0 kind of pointless now. Clubit in my opinion is a rip off for this guarantee, especially since they are not dropping their prices as far as I am aware.

As for being permanent I'm just not sure. I've noticed they have dropped slightly online this month. New chips are slowly going to be coming out (or already are out), so maybe this price will be permanent. I just can't say for sure. Technically it is a "sale" and has limits of "1 per customer" (not that they keep track), and is available in-store only.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    I really doubt that sub-$200 price will last long. It will be quite a while before desktop .45nm Yorkfields are available in quantity.
    edited March 2008
    Oh clubit.com....I've never heard of that site before. I see they advertise G0, and its cheaper than anywhere else that I've seen besides this Microcenter deal and the Black Friday combo. At $242 its $13 cheaper than newegg and $22 less than anything on pricegrabber,which just lost its credibility/worthiness with me due to its poor selection. Most of the sites listed still have the Q66 listed for $300+...

I might just have to put my tax return to good use...:D
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    I've gotten two G0s from ClubIT and both were as advertised.
    edited March 2008
    I'd hope so, else it would be false advertising and then they would be in some ****.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    It was meant more as a counterexample to yagga's experiences, as I don't know what his circumstances were, but mine were positive.
    edited March 2008
    I didn't see that he actually had a bad experience. I dont see it as a rip off either if its still the cheapest place in town, and a guarantee on top of it.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    ClubIT is a fantastic website. Good prices, and FAST SHIPPING. I've ordered numerous small odds and ends from them, and it was very smooth.