28" monitor

edited March 2008 in Hardware
Do you have any experience with 28" monitor? The largested monitor I had seen is 24", recently while choosing monitor on the market I saw the Viewsonic Vx2835wm 28" seems quite nice with 1920 x 1200 and 3ms response time, do you think this is a wise buy?

Comments

• edited February 2008
    Or maybe I should just go with the Samsung 245BW.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    There are a few 30" LCD panels on the market; all of which that I've seen run a resolution of 2560x1600. IMO, 1920x1200 is way too low of a resolution for a 28" panel, but it does keep the cost down.

EDIT: the 245BW is a nice panel from what I've seen. If I had to choose between the two you've mentioned I'd choose the 245BW without hesitation. Perhaps someone else can recommend another 24"
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2008
    IMO, 1920x1200 is way too low of a resolution for a 28" panel
    Agreed, there's a reason it's listed for a seemingly low price on that strange site you linked.

I've got the 245BW and I think it's superb. It does though, have the TN panel, which has a viewing angle that is probably too restricted to use for off-angle viewing. Apart from that, it's excellent. Colors are vibrant and the gamut is rich, it's very sharp, text is amazing, and it's fast enough for any games. Costco carries them for a very good price.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    jojoytsmne wrote:
    Or maybe I should just go with the Samsung 245BW.

the back light bleed on my new 245 is atrocious. my buddy's FPD2475WR gateway is amazing, im on the lookout for one of those.