What do you guys think of the new Alienware monitor

JayBirdSlimJayBirdSlim Atlanta, GA New
edited March 2008 in Hardware
If by some chance you haven't seen it yet, here is a link Alienware monitor shots

I hav eot say I was totally stoked when I first saw it but then I saw how deep it was... if it is infact that deep and not some optical illusion caused by the curve then ...well...damn... that stinks.. who has that kind of real eastate to dedicate to their monitor?

ugh

Comments

• mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    It's definitely a cool idea and a good prototype, but from what I've read the image quality is meh. Hell, you can even see the vertical lines that separate it into 4 distinct panels from the video. As far as desk space, if the quality was there I'd consider it. I already use that much space with three monitors placed in a similar arc. It'd be a tough call though, because it would obviously be a great display, but I like having separate displays so that I can truly multi task.
  • JayBirdSlimJayBirdSlim Atlanta, GA New
    edited March 2008
    As far as visual quality (I've heard the same thing about it) since it's not being released til end of year I would think they would tighten that up before actually selling it (like getting rid of the vertical lines).

I would think you'd be able to divide the sreen up for working purposes? I mean, wouldn't you? It has to be able to be multitasked...didn't even think they wouldn't do that...
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    I doubt Alienware will ignore the faults in it :tongue: It's an awesome screen, although a tad too much for my taste... and probably my PC :D
  • edited March 2008
    Saw this for some time ago and I think it's a very cool screen.

But it should have more height, so when you want to look up then you just look up.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    I mean, it's three or four DLP monitors, so depth is required, pretty much, not to mention the cooling it will need inside. So yeah, it really is that deep.

For right now, I prefer my multiple LCDs, I think, mostly for the ability to shut off individual ones.
  • edited March 2008
    Just started using dual screens at work, I can't get used to it.

The extra space is nice and everything but I keep expecting the computer to some how know which window on which screen I want to use just by looking at it. Takes me a few moments each time to work out why it's not doing what I want it to.

3-4 screens I'd go into meltdown.
  • JayBirdSlimJayBirdSlim Atlanta, GA New
    edited March 2008
    you'll get used to it rapture... it just takes time.. once you do it's awesome!
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    fail, that computer was DESIGNED to play on that screen ONLY. how else could it possible process that much Crysis without accidently traveling though time?