after replace leaked capacitor

edited March 2008 in Hardware
Hi all

I successfully replaced leaked capacitor, the cpu fan is only on if the cpu power is unpluged,

do you have any ideas

thank you

BD

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited March 2008
    the cpu fan is only if the cpu power is unpluged,

The fan is only what?
  • HotrodsunHotrodsun Salem, OR
    edited March 2008
    well, you know it's a fan. and if you unplug it, yep you guessed it still a fan.
  • edited March 2008
    I love your joke men

yep I mistyping .............. it really shaleful .................... anyideas .............. thankyou

i thought the motherboard having some problems .................with leak capacitors, I replaced, the cpu fan did not on, the diode of the motherboard is on, when main power cable to the cpu is unpluged, the fan is on so confused ...
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited March 2008
    You soldered the cap in backwards I think....
  • edited March 2008
    You soldered the cap in backwards I think....
    yep, I think you are right, I could not see any current or voltage at any cap. around cpu, I will double check that then, thank you :)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    But the good news is that you soldered it in backwards correctly! If you do it wrong, do it wrong with skill and panache!

not making fun you - I don't have the skills to solder in a capacitor, correctly or incorrectly
  • edited March 2008
    I have checked + - side, I put them to the right, but I think I damage the holes .......... I shall sort them out

ps: I could detect capacitor got 0.2V once, after that 0V, thank you for your kind answering me, I think I know what was wrong ............... :D
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited March 2008
    Well experience gained. When you desoldiered it you might've gotten the points too hot. You gotta be careful with that when working with electronics.