whats the best bang for the buck

edited March 2008 in Hardware
i'm desperate i need a fast computer that will last me throughout college. i also burn about 3 movies a day.. can anyone tell me from the site below what would best suit me?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/categorylist.do?N=20012961+20012963&catOid=-12963&bMore=&c=1&cm_re=main marquee-_-Laptops starting at $479.99 plus no interest until 2010-_-All laptops

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Last through college - 2012...2014?

All you do is burn movies? Come one, if you want good advice you need to give good information.
  • edited March 2008
    i'll be in college till 2012 then maybe going back for my masters so maybe 2014 i'm studying law so theres alot of writing and researching.. i burn about 3 movies a day and i watch some movies over the internet.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Heh, you don't need a fast computer to do that
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited March 2008
    Hell I could sell you my old socket A NF7-S, 2400+ mobile barton, 1gb, 8500LE and it would do you just fine...
  • edited March 2008
    i just want a good computer.. not that i need it. i just wnated an opinion from that list
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Does it have to be a laptop?
    edited March 2008
    For college, I'd reccomend yes as it's useful to use them in lessons/on the go (not that I'd know -_-)
  • edited March 2008
    Why don't you just buy a laptop right now, and then do awesome in undergrad, then your law school will buy you a new one : ) For real, I am being recruited by Michigan's law school (in top 7 in nation right now) and they are offering me a macbook pro if I go there. But for real, if you wanna great laptop, go dell latitude d830 with win xp pro. It's a little more expensive ($1200) but it's an amazingly solid computer.
    edited March 2008
    BURN DELLLLLLLLLLLLL. That's just about it Really.