Flash drive problem

halo2_godhalo2_god New York state
edited March 2008 in Hardware
Ok, hey everyone. Well i had a question about a 4GB micro cruzer made by san disk: flash drive.

Well when i put it into the USB port on my HP laptop. A new icon appeared in the task tray and when i clicked on it, it opened a menu you like windows start menu. It has the following programs Launchpad toure, Skpe, cruzersync U3 edition, HP photosmart U3, Mcafree viruscan USB, signupshield passwords, Big Fish Games Sudoku, and Mahjong Towers Eternity.

And well when i navigate to it Start > my computer > Removable Disk :F > I see two folders and some launch icon(an instaler of some kind) One of the folders was ment to be hidden but i set explorer it to view hidden folders. and the hidden folder is named apps. Ps- When i run the launch icon it makes it pop up in the task tray.

But now on to my question. Could i remove everything on it to have a blank Flash drive or would that corrupt it or something of the manner(bricked-http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bricked second definition).

Comments

• MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    No you can wipe it with one important thing. Once wiped it can never be reloaded. Once U3 is removed it is gone forever (there are a few exceptions).

Info can be found at www.u3.com.

Here's the removal tool for SanDisk : http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1415
  • halo2_godhalo2_god New York state
    edited March 2008
    Thanks it worked great.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    What, they're packaging crapware now with memory sticks, too?
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited March 2008
    Leonardo wrote:
    What, they're packaging crapware now with memory sticks, too?
    Yep. The 4gb cruzer I had came with the U3 stuff. The el cheapo 16gb drive I bought did not have anything on it.