Computer & component lending

2»

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    I have 2GB of DDR that will be accompanying me, so if we have a decent CPU/Vid card.. we can get to 2GB to beef up gaming :)
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I have a ATI 9800 Pro card that would work, or I can bring a 3rd PC. 2800+ with 1 GB ram and the ATI 9800 pro.

If you want to bring the whole rig, don't let me stop you. But if not, the 9800 Pro + Ryder's 2gb DDR would make it a fine rig for the games we'll be playing.

I remembered I've got a GeForce FX 5200 lying around that I could bring, but it hasn't been tested. Do you think it could run TF2, at 1024x768 at least? I don't get the impression it's a super-taxing game, but then again my usual graphics card is much better.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Well I didn't claim any pc as people posted that they're bringing one but I did post early on in this thread that I won't be bringing my pc. I will be bringing my games though so if I have a pc that can handle any of them i'll play. Really though if I can have one to play an ocassional game of TF2 I'll be good to go.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    OK... PC #2 and #3 will be open to whoever wants to use them... Blackhawk you have one, Garg and Joe can fight for #3. Really, unless you guys are on the same team, you can share one of the 2 free pc's.
    edited June 2008
    I don't need one, but I'm offering to bring a spare if there's need. I may even have two spare, but won't know until next week.
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited June 2008
    Does anyone have a spare LGA 775 heatsink (even if its the retail ones) that I can borrow? And some thermal grease?
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    If nobody at ICHQ does, I've got a stocker and some AS5 for you, Eggy.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    ...and some ASS for you, Eggy.
    :eek2:

;D
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I will struggle to bring mine with me ;D

I will just randomly borrow the odd rig for the odd game if thats ok with everyone? :)
    edited June 2008
    Works for me!!!
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Any monitors still available? I'm having second thoughts about shipping my 24" LCD up there again, not sure if the box can take another round trip.

-drasnor :fold:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I have some 17" CRTs :-/
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    Works for me!!!

Cheers Q :D

I will my EEE PC laptop with me for surfing & so but it's hardly a gaming PC ;D
    edited June 2008
    I will need a monitor for my 3rd PC.... sorry, forgot to mention that.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Well it looks like there will be an extra gaming pc/monitor available since NiGHTS is not able to make the LAN anymore, unless Ryder has already given dibs to someone else... which is entirely possible :P
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I may not need a whole computer. I'm gonna see if I can buy a Shuttle barebone, have them ship it to Detroit and take my computer parts with me on the plane. I will need a monitor.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Blackhawk,

IF Nights is not coming, then that PC is yours, if you choose not to buy/bring whatever. Even if you do, that PC is already assembled, whatever.

You can Shorty can share, if your not in the same tournaments, too :)
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I'll just bring my two spare monitors, and if anyone needs them, let me know. They'll be in my trunk. They should proly be a last resort.
    edited June 2008
    I'll tentatively call dibs on a 17" CRT, but if anyone shows up with a nicer monitor to spare that'd be awesome. You guys are great :D.

• jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    What? Don't want to ship your Dell 24" again? lulz.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Just realized i'm gonna need some sort of thermal compound. I'm sure it'll be hard to come by...
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I'll put some in my new pocket.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    can i reach in there and fish it out?
    edited June 2008
    shwaip wrote:
    Just realized i'm gonna need some sort of thermal compound. I'm sure it'll be hard to come by...
    Doesn't Ryder normally bring like 5 lb of OCZ grease? I still have some from last time; I keep it in my doc kit next to the toothpaste. I've used it more than once; you never know when you might need to reseat someone's CPU.

edited June 2008
    I'm thinking about just bringing my laptop and not worrying about spare PCs. Is there really any demand for another rig, or does everybody have one now?
    edited June 2008
    Good because I could not even start the third PC... I have one spare that is ready for action... Anyone that needs one can share. It's rather nice....

AMD 3000+
    1.0 GB PC3200
    ATI 9800 Pro (256-bit)
    300 GB HD
    Fresh Install of Vista.....

Joking... WinXP Pro SP3.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    shwaip wrote:
    can i reach in there and fish it out?

By pocket i think he ment bottom of his underwear, but im sure that wont be a problem.