Computer & component lending

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited June 2008 in Community
Have spare monitors?

Want to know if you can borrow a rig?

Post about it and coordinate lending here. :)

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    I may be able to get some spare 15in LCDs if needed.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    I'll probably need a monitor. Unless I end up driving, which is unlikely.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    I will need a computer since I am flying up without mine. Thanks!!
  • UPSKingpinUPSKingpin Sir Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    An LCD would be a lifesaver. I've got a faded CRT circa 1990. It's no problem to bring it but if anyone's got a spare LCD, you would be a savior in my gaming experience.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Kingpin I have a ton of spare 15inch CRTs at my house. They're LCD's but they're not faded. You're call.
  • UPSKingpinUPSKingpin Sir Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Fer shizzle, Bizzle. I knew you had a bunch but wasn't sure if they worked. I, myself, have four that are shot that I haven't bothered to dump. But definitely, that will work.
    edited April 2008
    I have two 15" lcd monitors. They both work, but they're each a bit fuzzy until they get warmed up. If anyone would like me to, I can bring them.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    CB Droege wrote:
    I have two 15" lcd monitors. They both work, but they're each a bit fuzzy until they get warmed up. If anyone would like me to, I can bring them.

This doesn't apply to the 15" LCD's, but keep in mind you'll have an extra person and luggage in the car on the way home. ;)
    edited April 2008
    That's why we'll have to rent a car. My car is too small, and I don't trust Sharky's car to make it.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Lynx, I might need to borrow one of your 15"ers.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    UPSWeezer wrote:
    Lynx, I might need to borrow one of your 15"ers.

I have a 15"er...
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Crazy Joe wrote:
    I have a 15"er...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Sure sure sure
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    once again, an IC thread gone gay.

:beer:
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    HMMMMM.

I run two 20" widescreeners on my box, I might be convinced to part with one of them for a couple days... unfortunately, they're on VESA mounts, so they'll need to attach to a table, but I'm sure you'll figure that out.

I'm getting way ahead of myself on all this, but let's see where it goes. Is there a handy list of any kind educating those of us new to the experience as to what should be brought on one of these adventures?

Oh hay, look at that, Keebs has one not 3 threads down from me. Do please excuse.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I need a rig.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    PS, not bringing both monitors. Just bringing one, it would be ridicuhard to try and handle both. So sorries.
    edited June 2008
    Did anyone find that they will need one of my extra monitors?
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I need one. I dunno if anyone set anything aside for me.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I might need a monitor. Ryder is hooking me up with a rig, I need to inquire about the monitor. I'll get back to you on that.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Ryder has a monitor for you Jared.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    woot! ^5

!beer RyderOCZ Bluemoon

:jared:
    edited June 2008
    CB wrote:
    Did anyone find that they will need one of my extra monitors?
    Sir CB... I/we will need one for the game server please :)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I have a crappy monitor for the server. It's not really good enough to let anybody use it for gaming, but for servers, it's fine
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I'll be bringing 2 pc's this year. Both can run TF2 rather well. One is mine but the other one is open. I have a 19" LCD for that one...
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I'll take if it's still open.
    edited June 2008
    It's a PIII 1 GHz with 386 MB of PC133 RAM. nVidia GeForce 2MX GPU and a 300 watt PSU. It's all your's BH!!! ;D
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I may be able to scrounge up a rig for the desperate. It'd be a Socket A of some kind (circa 2ghz) and 512mb or 768mb RAM. What I lack is a decent vid card. If someone's got a spare AGP card, that'd be good.

I have a 17" flat CRT that CB gave me. It has a ghosted image that looks like a BIOS screen on it, but I don't think it'd be visible while gaming. You have to actually look for it while it's just sitting at the desktop.
    edited June 2008
    I have a ATI 9800 Pro card that would work, or I can bring a 3rd PC. 2800+ with 1 GB ram and the ATI 9800 pro.
    edited June 2008
    I have 2GB of DDR that will be accompanying me, so if we have a decent CPU/Vid card.. we can get to 2GB to beef up gaming :)
    edited June 2008
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I have a ATI 9800 Pro card that would work, or I can bring a 3rd PC. 2800+ with 1 GB ram and the ATI 9800 pro.

Or you could lend me the third PC which is what I hope you originally meant when you said you were bringing a second PC. :D