Menus Still Not Working...

airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
edited April 2008 in Internet & Media
Ok. So I got the menus figured out as far as making them appear at the right places and ordering them. But what I haven't figured out is why they won't show up with styling applied to them. Could someone that is fluent with joomla take a look and possible spend some time on me. This is really frustrating.:mad:

My problematic website

Comments

• airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    anyone?
  • JayBirdSlimJayBirdSlim Atlanta, GA New
    edited March 2008
    Hey,

which menus are you talking about and in what browser are you testing? I don't even have menus in FF?
    edited March 2008
    Ummm. no, they are very much there in both FF2 and IE7. I'm talking about the side menus. The one labeled resources, and then if you click the rush option on the top menu a menu will show up on the side. So will one for about DTD.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    I see no menus.

/me uses Firefox v3.0b4
    edited March 2008
    ahhhh... see I was looking for a drop down or something like that.. I've never used Joomla but will take a look at the CSS for you sometime today and see what I can find
    edited March 2008
    Blackhawk, there is a top menu and then the side content sensitive menus.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited April 2008
    Sorry but I'm not sure I understand on the problem I'm seeing links on the top and side. Or are you saying you want them to all look (on the side) the way the Main Menu option on the side looks?
    edited April 2008
    yes. that is correct. all the menus are supposed to be styled the same. at least that is the way it is on the default installation with all the sample material added.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited April 2008
    Go into templates, select your template from the template manager. Then choose assign from the top(ish) right menu where it has Default/Assign etc...

For that mater if you just select it and choose default it may fix it as well.
    edited April 2008
    I figured it out. When you configure each menu module I needed to add _menu as the module class suffix. I'm guessing this is the css class. Anyways. Now they look pretty and uniform. Yay. Now I just need a calendar and photo gallery. Know of any good, free joomla 1.5 calendar/event management components?
    edited April 2008
    nice! Way to go airbornflght! Hadn't had a chance to dig into the CSS myself.. it looked like a CSS problem..see you don't need us Hacks!
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Know of any good, free joomla 1.5 calendar/event management components?
    No, but the Internet does.
    edited April 2008
    Already been there. I'm using event list, but I'm not entirely happy with it.

I was looking at Thyme and JCal. Both look like what I want but neither are 1.5 Native. Guess I'll have to continue the wait.