Tournament square

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited April 2008 in Gaming
Today's lesson: the importance of the tournament square.

I previously have only had a tournament square in Beachhead, Lady Jaye, and am just building one in Flint.

Over the next couple days, ALL my troop-producing villages will have one. This building is absolutely critical to at least have to level 10, preferably 15 if you can do it.

Especially now that we have worldwide allies, you WILL find the need for long-distance trips sooner or later. Be prepared for it :)

Wild Bill, Countdown, Downtown, and Avalanche are all leveling their rally points this moment.

Comments

• TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Good advice! I'm leveling up a lvl 16 as I type at TF1 and have three more on the go at my outpost villages.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    I have a level 14 on my capital. I guess I could build one or some in our power base.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    So, Rally point lvl 20 will let you start a tournament square?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Rally point lv15
    edited April 2008
    Black Hawk wrote:
    I have a level 14 on my capital. I guess I could build one or some in our power base.
    I would regard it as important as the armoury.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    I guess I should start working on getting them setup in my outpost villages then huh?
    I don't think getting one up at falconers village would be wise, would it?
  • Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited April 2008
    hmm, i direct attention to the official travian forum:
    http://forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13978

product of boredom in a physics class, i figured out how to calculate the time taken to travel with the tournament square.

and it is a magical building when upgraded enough, it moves my villages closer together really.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Does the Tournament Square also affect when troops return (represented as a reinforcement) to their base?
    edited April 2008
    short answer: yes

long answer: yessssssssssssssssssss

:p
  • AlphaTrinityAlphaTrinity North Wales, PA
    edited April 2008
    Nicely done Muffin :thumbsup:

I love the evil-looking formula :) I'll definitely be using it.
    If this was two years earlier I probably would have been the one to figure that out. Thank God it's not two years earlier.

Keep up the good work
    edited April 2008
    hmm, i direct attention to the official travian forum:
    http://forum.travian.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13978

product of boredom in a physics class, i figured out how to calculate the time taken to travel with the tournament square.

and it is a magical building when upgraded enough, it moves my villages closer together really.
    Yeah... I didn't read the formula (what does one actually do with a formula?) but I already feel like I need to lie down.
    edited April 2008
    Wow, I actually sorta understood most of that. Good job Muffin.

Prat's on crack, like they're roll'n on track.
  • DuchessDuchess Surrey, UK
    edited April 2008
    I built tournament square last weekend in Alakia. Shaved 4 hours off getting to Fate. You can actually get from level 1 rally point then tournament square 150% in only a few hours :)

Wondered whether it would be worth doing the same in Marpesia or not, taking into consideration my neighbours
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited April 2008
    Tourney squares are expensive. :-/ I leveled one to 15 at FATE a week or so ago. Definitely worth the cost though, I'll work on getting them up at the outpost soon.
    edited April 2008
    TheGr81 wrote:
    work on getting them up at the outpost soon.

It is virtually essential that these are upgraded as high as possible to maximize our response times to situations in other parts of the map. After all, it is the place we will have the most troops created and maintained.

Btw - TF1 just finished TS 17, not 16. :)
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Hera is at 17, Aries and Chronos are at 15. Those are the only real troop builders.
  • SidekicksolSidekicksol Kansas City, Kansas
    edited April 2008
    i have reason to believe the 30 field rule is not actually there or something.. because as soon as i made mine my equites suddenly arrived at my takeover target a bit faster than expected.. hes very close too.
    edited April 2008
    i have reason to believe the 30 field rule is not actually there or something.. because as soon as i made mine my equites suddenly arrived at my takeover target a bit faster than expected.. hes very close too.

i have reason to believe that what you said is utter bollocks...

you were probably hallucinating, equites are quite fast anyway, maybe you thought wrong.

but it isn't a rule, its how the game is coded, and how the tournament square has always been coded in the game.
    edited April 2008
    are you sure? or maybe i dont know what a field is.. or something like that. im almost positive it lowered their arrival timea field is one big square, right?
    edited April 2008
    one field is one square on the map, and travelling diagonally uses pythagoras's theorem for right angled triangles...
    but you might not understand a word of that, so i'll just say its a not-so-complicated equation.
    edited April 2008
    oh i see why now. one of attacks had 10 caesaris w/ them. doh!

EDIT// a^2 + b^2 = c^2 right? or is that something else? >.>
  • edited April 2008
    oh i see why now. one of attacks had 10 caesaris w/ them. doh!

EDIT// a^2 + b^2 = c^2 right? or is that something else? >.>

yes thats pythag
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited April 2008
    I destroyed my sawmill just yesterday @ Cantrellia Prime for the very purpose of making a tournament square. Unfortunately it's only at level 9, but the tournament square in Cantrellia Major is at level 12 and I have a tournament square in Cantrellia Minor, but it's only level 4.
    edited April 2008
    TS lvl 18 currently being built at TF1. :D
    edited April 2008
    Seven more of my villages have tourney squares today than did yesterday :D
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Whoa! Nice.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Do you think it would be worth setting up tourney square in Falconers village after we get past this gen-x thing?
    I'm already upping the rally points on my other villages.
    edited April 2008
    If you're planning to send reinforcements from a village, it should have a rally point.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    I've got a rally point there but it's just not high. lvl 3 i think.
    edited April 2008
    Here's a quick display of the benefit of the TS. TF1 has a level 18 square and TF4 has a level 14 square:

TF1 --> TF4
    Leg - 10:13:55
    Praet - 12:16:42
    Scout - 3:50:13

TF4 --> TF1
    Leg - 11:31:14
    Praet - 13:49:29
    Scout - 4:19:13

This is a comparison with TF1's level 18 tournament square, versus, TF7 without a tournament square:

TF1 --> TF7
    Leg - 9:42:02
    Praet - 11:38:26

TF7 --> TF1
    Leg - 22:39:41
    Praet - 27:11:37