Something odd with my internet browser

boricua9215boricua9215 Hollywood, FL.
edited May 2008 in Internet & Media
Ok, I use Firefox, and I still have IE installed. Sometimes when I click a link the window will open in an IE window. And sometimes clicking a link nothing will happen for a few seconds, then all of a sudden there'll be like 100 IE windows opening all at one time. Anyone ever heard of this problem?

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Massive infestation of malware?
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    If you don't get any solutions that work, let one of the staff know and we'll move your thread over to the Spyware and Virus Removal area.
  • boricua9215boricua9215 Hollywood, FL.
    edited May 2008
    Malware?

Ugh, I run a full system scan with Norton and it always comes up clean except for 1 tracking cookie.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Malware?

Ugh, I run a full system scan with Norton and it always comes up clean except for 1 tracking cookie.

Norton is awful. Try Adaware (www.lavasoft.com) and Avast! (www.avast.com) both free, and both arguably the best at what they do.
  • boricua9215boricua9215 Hollywood, FL.
    edited May 2008
    CB wrote:
    Norton is awful. Try Adaware (www.lavasoft.com) and Avast! (www.avast.com) both free, and both arguably the best at what they do.

I wish I knew this before I resubscribed for a year :(
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited May 2008
    I'd recommend the new Free version of AVG 8 it does anti-virus, as well as spyware and it seems to be very effective.