Unmountable_Boot_Volume

2»

Comments

• edited May 2008
    it wont open in safe mode it just resets it even when i take out the hdd from the usb
  • edited May 2008
    it resets when it get the driver called " avrkx86.sys "
    or " avgrkx86.sys " one of those
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited May 2008
    I think the drive's had it. Inpage errors AND bad blocks? It's headed for the last roundup fella.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    If it is still refusing to run chkdsk from within windows, you need an XP CD. We've run out of options. :sad2: But, I'm willing to bet that even a chkdsk from Recovery Console would error and fail, because as YAD pointed out, it really sounds like that drive is borked.

You can find out for certain with some HDD diagnostics: http://icrontic.com/articles/hard_drive_diagnostics

Even if the drive is bad you can attempt to repair the file system at least to a point where you can retrieve data, but it's more likely that the drive will completely fail in the process. If the data is important, you should start looking into professional recovery and DO NOT run chkdsk.
  • edited June 2008
    I'd like to thank you for all your help
    I've decided to recover my pc
    sorry for wasting your time
    thanx
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    gtasmy wrote:
    I'd like to thank you for all your help
    I've decided to recover my pc
    sorry for wasting your time
    thanx

So long as you've learned something in the process, it's never a waste of time. If you haven't already, I'd make sure to test your hard drive before you recover. Also, now may be a good time to invest in a solid backup plan. :bigggrin:
  • edited June 2008
    im actually using it now and its working alright
    thanx again

1 more thing i just had this problem with firefox would u know anything about it?

Warning: Unrecognized at-rule or error parsing at-rule '@import'.
    Source File: http://psp35.21.forumer.com/templates/DAJ_Glass/DAJ_Glass.css
    Line: 130
  • edited June 2008
    forget it its gone