If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calling all bearded men of Icrontic

1789101113»

Comments

• ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian

I'm most worried about the survival of my external occipital crest and the inferior nucchal line. That's always a tough spot for me to shave. :(

• BlueTattooBlueTattoo Boatbuilder Houston, TX Icrontian

@Signal said:
    The problem I ran into is where the back of the head meets the top of the head and the corners.

Corners?

• UPSKingpinUPSKingpin Sir Elkhart, IN Icrontian
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

Shaving friends! Have you ever wanted to give a slant bar a shot but didn't feel like dropping another $50? Then I bring you good news.

https://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Bakelite-Slant-Safety-Razor/dp/B01LMISFHI

I just picked this up and have been giving it a go every few days to trim my neckline. I don't like lightweight razors as a matter of preference so getting this was a risk but then I found out the Bakelite head will mount to any Merkur 3-piece razor handle. So off went the head of my trusty Merkur 23C and on went a red bakelite slant loaded with a fresh Feather blade. Even with poor lather this sucker cuts smooth.

I recommend it for somebody looking to add cutting power without necessarily increasing blade exposure, or anyone looking to add another cheap razor to their stable.

GHoosdum
  • BlueTattooBlueTattoo Boatbuilder Houston, TX Icrontian

Ah, yes. I remember this one. Looks like the one I started with. Seems like I bled a lot back then. I still have one like it thats probably 50 years old, but I don't think I'd recommend it. Or use it.