Laptop 'hiccup' problem

germanwolf35germanwolf35 Clarksville, TN
edited June 2008 in Hardware
Yes the GPU is under the Grey Block to the right "look behind the cable with the red sleeve... It is non removeable....

attachment.php?attachmentid=20480&d=1151331477

Nice picture. I'm new to the forums. I have a 2yr old DV8000, and my laptop just suddenly started "hiccuping" a LOT. Any ideas? It's when I open programs,.. such as music, or a game. I JUST did a complete clean re-install on it a month back. All updates are in place. Could it be a BIOS issue?

Post pictures of the cpu
you may e-mail me at germanwolf31@yahoo.com

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    gw35, I moved your post to its own, new thread. It should get more attention this way.

Would you please be more specific. I am not quite sure what you mean by "hiccupping."
  • germanwolf35germanwolf35 Clarksville, TN
    edited June 2008
    The music skips a lot. When I open programs such as Bejewled 2, it also skips a lot.

i can't for the life of me see what caused the problem. I mean it's not been connected to the internet much since I reloaded the system. It just ran good for 3 weeks or so,.. then started this Hiccuping crap.
    I'm going to try what that guy did & disassemble it & clean it out. Also putting in some good Arctic Silver to help it keep cooler.

I used to have a Dell laptop, & when I was in Iraq the bugs would get in it & it would do similar stuff.