HP Slimline Needs A New Fan...

MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
edited June 2008 in Hardware
So I have this HP slimline....

And the fan died...

Out of factory waranty...

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy replacement fans for Slimlines? I've been looking for a bit with no luck so far :sad2:

Comments

• bullzisniprbullzisnipr Topeka, KS
    edited June 2008
    what model is it?
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    s3200n.

Can't even load into BIOS without the fan working :-/
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    In my slimline the CPU fan is manufactured by Taisol. I just shot them an email asking where I can find a replacement for you. Give it a couple days and check back with me, or feel free to email them yourself. sales@taisol.com is the email I used to contact them. Happy hunting!
    edited June 2008
    Since you already sent them a message i'll wait for the response you get :P

...Do you know where it's just the Fan? Or is it the whole Fan/Heat sink package...

Been trying to figure out weither I'm going to need to remove some thermal grease on that heat sink lol

p.s. Since this took forever. The person I was fixing it for ended up getting a new comp...but I'm not complaining. I want a free working slimline :p
    edited June 2008
    Ok so, the email i received back had a link to their yahoo store. http://tai-sol.stores.yahoo.net/ They recommend taking the fan off only and matching the model numbers. Hope this helps you out!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    The fan should be a standard size, probably 40 or 50mm. I am sure you won't be limited to a specific brand and model, just the same dimensions. That's assuming a laptop CPU fan uses 12v DC input. Have you inspected the fan? Is it a standard type computer fan or a blower? If it's a blower, you my indeed need a specific brand and model.
    edited June 2008
    It's a standard fan other then the fact it's greased onto the heat sink...i'll check out that link
    edited June 2008
    Leo, the only reason I assumed that he would need a specific fan was when I popped my Slimline open, the connector on the end. It's not your standard 3 or 2 pin 12v fan connector. Though who is to say that one could not just cut the standard connector and use the one from the bad fan. let us know what you find, I may want to order one while I can incase my craps out as well.
    edited June 2008
    Electrical tape is your friend :)

I'll let you guys know how it works out in about a week or so. Thanks for the input...it's been awhile. But hey! I got nothing to loose so....why not? hehhe...
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Electrical tape is your friend
    No, not really. Much better would be shrink tubing. Even better than that would be soldering followed by shrink tubing.