Stepping down...

QCHQCH Ancient GuruChicago Area - USA Icrontian
edited June 2008 in Folding@Home
Well.. Last year I was charged with leading this team back into the Top 10 and re-energize the ICx Project. In that time I was able to retired many of the old ICx rigs but not nearly enough to consider that job complete. The new ICx Project that has been in the planning stages would have given us dual/quad core Intel's and made the New ICx project SCREAM.... that has failed to get off the ground. Sadly, my motivation to lead has dissipated. My one year term is up anyway so it is time for another from the Committee to step up and give it a try. I hope to stay on the committee to help the new team captain... I'll leave that to the committee to decide.

I must seriously apologize to those that have earned recognition in the milestone area and have not been... I had no idea how much time and effort it takes to keep up with that area. Truly sorry, I am.

I am still dedicated to the project but I cannot afford to upgrade my farm to multi-core rigs so I fall further and further behind. I am looking for the time and $$$ to get a few dual/quad core rigs this summer... So, I will be here to help support the team, just not as the leader.

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Cool. Thanks for all you have done Q. Keep on crunching the numbers.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Thanks Q!! We know it's a lot of work. :D<3
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I know exactly what you mean, Q. Thank you so much for picking up the reins when you did and leading this team!
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Q, you really have done a lot for the team - i know most people, including myself, take that for granted.

Thanks for all the hard work!

cheers :jared:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Without you to pick up and lead, the project would have certainly fallen apart. I applaud you for all you've done, Q.
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited June 2008
    You done a fine Job Q , I know how hard it is leading a team, has had the task for near on 3 years now. I have taken to calling the milestones Millstones on occasion. :bigggrin: :thumbsup: have a rest and come back refreshed and ready to slay the beast once more.
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Sad to see you step down, but it's completely understandable. You did a fantastic job!

FWIW, you don't need huge coin to make it big in the standings, the GPU2 folding is turning out massive points from everything from an 8800GT and up...
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited June 2008
    Thanks for all you've done Q! Good job! :fold:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Thanks for your service. You put in a lot of hard, volunteer hours.
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited June 2008
    When you have 3 kids and need to pay the bills, yadda, yadda- time and money can be both at a premium. You really have to choose between priorities or risk burnout, missed opportunities, etc. I'm glad Q could take time out and decompress a little at the LAN, etc., and I also understand having to let go of of responsibilities in trade-off for others.

Thanks, Quinton for what you've been able to do.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Thanks for all your hard work the last year! This team has been through too much not to find its groove again, and I'm sure you're going to be a big part of that!

:smokin:
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    thanks for the hard work Q :thumbsup: