PSP Modfication Work?

QCHQCH Ancient GuruChicago Area - USA Icrontian
edited July 2008 in Gaming
Has anyone modified their PSP to add some PDA functions? I have a friend that wants to buy one and modify one to do some PDA so he can ditch his PDA and just go with the PSP to play games and keep track of address and appointments.

So... how difficult and does the end product justify the time.

Thanks my fellow IC'ers.

Comments

• TvManPwnsTvManPwns Manitoba, Canada Member
    edited July 2008
    I would say your friend should just stick with a PDA. . . The PSP was meant to be a gaming device. Its not to say your friend can't use it for that it just wouldn't be worth his time. You can get some PSP internet browser portals that "sort of" do what he might want like text editors and all that jazz but not nearly as well as a standard PDA. My advice would be to stick with the PDA. :)
  • edited July 2008
    TvManPwns wrote:
    I would say your friend should just stick with a PDA. . . The PSP was meant to be a gaming device. Its not to say your friend can't use it for that it just wouldn't be worth his time. You can get some PSP internet browser portals that "sort of" do what he might want like text editors and all that jazz but not nearly as well as a standard PDA. My advice would be to stick with the PDA. :)

Agreed. The PSP is a multimedia device, trying to use the PSP like a pda would be a suffering experience imo, the navigation isn't quite the same and would ruin the experience. If he needs a replacement, I'd suggest the iPhone 3G instead of his PDA.